Yet another attempt

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At getting some good pictures of my own kids. It's just too hectic. The baby doesn't like it at all and then you've got all the family behind me watching and it just makes me crazy! I forgot to reset my ISO back down from 800 for the first half so i lost a whole lot of good poses when the kids were actually in the right mood!
Then I could not figure out why the hell they were blown out when I had it set on M and it said it was correct - I accidentally popped up the flash without realizing and we were outside and it was bright already. Geesh! LOL

jaceyeyesbwrad.jpg

4. Yup I know you can't see his whole face, I promise that was done on purpose!
jimmybridgerad.jpg

5. Reflector need again!
jimmyhugjaceyrad.jpg

Last edited:
Kathi, you did an AMAZING job on the eyes! Crystal clear and sharp. How did you do that? You must have a secret I don't know about. #1 is beautiful. The eyes have it all in this one. #3, the expression is priceless, LOL, and again the focus on the eyes are awesome! #4 is a great pose. I've been meaning to do one like that soon myself.

Great job. You just keep getting better and better. :thumbup:

NJ

I hear ya on the difficult kid front AND with the ISO...did that little snafu twice.
Those pictures are hands down awesome. I wanna know how you get their eyes like that to!

Very nice Kathi.

I need to ask, how you are doing this post work without ps?

Whatever you are doing it is nicely done!

You have a great eye for framing your subjects and have captured some wonderful moments! You have done a really great job in my opinion!

Kathi, you did an AMAZING job on the eyes! Crystal clear and sharp. How did you do that? You must have a secret I don't know about. #1 is beautiful. The eyes have it all in this one. #3, the expression is priceless, LOL, and again the focus on the eyes are awesome! #4 is a great pose. I've been meaning to do one like that soon myself.

Great job. You just keep getting better and better. :thumbup:

NJ

Well, thanks! No secrethere, just really get in on the center of that eye and make sure that sucker is focused before you recompose! I learned through memory cards full of crappily ofcused eyes that photoshop or no photoshop you have to get them right in camera or it just isn't the same effect. WARNING! That is not so easy on your blood pressure with children! haha
Yeah don't ya just want to smack that look right off of his face ;) Part of the above warning (Jimmy! Just sit still and LOOK at me!!!) haha! And I'm glad you like number 4 because a lot of people don't like the tilt, though I intended it so it's ok for me, being the mommy. :)

I hear ya on the difficult kid front AND with the ISO...did that little snafu twice.
Those pictures are hands down awesome. I wanna know how you get their eyes like that to!

Just make sure you get in there goof with the focus thats all, just tough with kids cause they move so darned much! Then teeny bit of unsharp mask and whiten the whites. Voila! :)
P.S. I HATE ISO's :lol:

Very nice Kathi.

I need to ask, how you are doing this post work without ps?

Whatever you are doing it is nicely done!

Well I do have the editing program that came with my camera. It does have some features but I am limited. All I needed for these was the hue/saturation, conversion to b/w, contrast, and unsharp mask, lightening tool.
Thanks so much for commenting, You were here in the beginning being hard on me. (lol j/k) and it was good for me. So cheers for the help along the way. :)

You have a great eye for framing your subjects and have captured some wonderful moments! You have done a really great job in my opinion!

Well thanks. I know the rule of thirds is out the window in 4 but I wanted to get that train in the background cause he's a boy and, well... they like trains right? LOL :)

Well thanks. I know the rule of thirds is out the window in 4 but I wanted to get that train in the background cause he's a boy and, well... they like trains right? LOL :)

There's a train in the background????

#5 makes it look like he's about to perform emergency surgery, hee hee.

There's a train in the background????

#5 makes it look like he's about to perform emergency surgery, hee hee.

Ha well yes it's up on the trussel in the corner. I guess that one is more of a family photo as that is where we live so we notice it y'know. ha, it's the red box in the upper right hand corner, the train was going by so I panicked and tired ot fit it in there. We notice it because we know it. I'm a DORK! ;)

Ha yes, number 5, a big brotherly hug complete with ninja turtle in hand! And a baby sister that makes a face like "why is he touching me?" every time he comes near! LOL

WOW I looove the first one but I don't like the way you put the clear frame but thats just me opinion. I love how clear their eyes show up in all the pictures bloody brilliant job. :)

WOW I looove the first one but I don't like the way you put the clear frame but thats just me opinion. I love how clear their eyes show up in all the pictures bloody brilliant job. :)

Ha the clear frame is my being lazy. I don't print them with a frame ever, just for showing on here and I was in a hurry to the clear frame was the quikest. LOL
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back