Yet Another Dramatic Shot

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
Some of you might recall not so long ago I posted a dramatic shot of the washington monument at sunset. Using a 12mm Tokina lens, I got some dreat distortions on this shot as well.
20060228225710_dramatic_washington_monument_2.jpg

the leaning tower of DC. :)

awesome shot Scott. i love the colors and distortion...and what a sky! nice work man!

i really like the look of that; not just the angle but the way it has been processed...well done.
Is that the 12-24 tokina f4? i want that lens

JonK said:
i really like the look of that; not just the angle but the way it has been processed...well done.
Is that the 12-24 tokina f4? i want that lens

Yes, it's the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX. The lens runs about 500.00 new. It's a sweet lens. It's one lens in my kit I would replace over and over again if it ever were to get broken or stolen. Get one! I tried to Nikon 10mm fisheye right before I bought this and was not very impressed and thought the fisheye would have a limited use where the 12mm end of this lens can be used much more often and the distortions are minimal. It's built strong and rugged, all metal housing, yet it's light enough to walk around the city with all day. I am meeting with some friends tomorrow if it does not rain and I plan on using this lens to shoot some ghetto street scenes. I should have more postings from this lens soon.

Scott

wow, looks like the storms magnetic pull is sucking the iron out of that building..... very cool.............
( i just made that crap up, it sounds cool)

Most reactions

Back