Yet another first timer. CC welcome

Buter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This ain't normally my kinda thing but I'm getting more interested photography outside my mountain biking stuff. The pic is decidedly meh..., looking for crit regarding the processing.

7 shots, handheld.

Cheers

beautiful. maybe the grass is a bit too green?

Thanks.

Possibly. Something doesn't seem quite right about it, but that can be said of most HDR's simply because our brains know that when we look at a picture it's not meant to have that much dynamic range.

Sitting in a hotel, waiting to go to work so I had a play with another one. Taken same day. Just having a play with photomatix and photoshop - both seem to have waaayyy too many buttons!

Cheers

Buter

Thanks.

Possibly. Something doesn't seem quite right about it, but that can be said of most HDR's simply because our brains know that when we look at a picture it's not meant to have that much dynamic range.
Buter

My first advice to you as a new person here is: don't argue (even mildly) with someone who takes the time to give you feedback. My second bit of advice is: don't assume the person you're talking to doesn't know what X or Y concept is. They may know full well what HDR is.

Anyway... the first one does seem to have a little bit of a color cast to it... I saw more warmth than green, but then warmth would make the greens glow, so that might make sense. That said, I think you'd probably want a touch more warmth as it brings out that sky, and the scene may well have been a touch warm anyway. Even with all that said, I think it was a veeeeeeeeeeery slight overbalance, and I think it works out fine.

Nice HDR treatments overall. Not perfect, but quite good IMO.

What arguments or assumptions? :scratch: The photos came out very nice!! :) I like the way you were able to remove most of the noise in the clouds, that seems to be something alot of noob hdr's have a hard time grasping. I personally love the greens in the 1st image. Compliments the background colors well imo. The sand / rocks in the 2nd photo look a bit dull. The 2nd image might actually work better in b/w.

btw..that lighthouse or whatever it is in the background, looks like a prime subject for a close up / sun set shot. ;)

Most reactions

Back