Yet Another Milky Way Shot

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been active lately and that's because I've honestly just been focusing more on my photography and not so much chatting about it online. But I am still here and still taking photos and thought I would share probably my best to date milky way shot that I'm very happy with.

Nikon D610 + 20 1.8G
15 seconds, f/2.5, ISO 4000

Taken in my own backyard!

Erwin-170813-13526.jpg

Excellent, is this a single shot?

Much nicer when there isn't a random light at the bottom right.

How do you go about this shot? do you just set up on a tripod aim and shoot on a clear night, or do you do any post to bring out the colours?

Much nicer when there isn't a random light at the bottom right.

How do you go about this shot? do you just set up on a tripod aim and shoot on a clear night, or do you do any post to bring out the colours?

Yep..just tripod and aim. Where I live, there is hardly any light pollution and so you can see the milky way pretty clearly with your own eyes.

Having the 20mm f/1.8 allows me to see the stars through the viewfinder pretty decently for focus. It's still a little tricky but that's okay, I just keep making fine adjustments and taking the shot until I get it sharp as I can and then I go ahead with shooting. I often try different settings..sometimes they offer different results.

Of course I shoot RAW and post processing is a MUST when doing milky way shots. Lightroom's dehaze tool does wonders and I just make fine adjustments in LR to really bring it out. It's a lot of fun.

Awesome. Keep it up man!

Wow - I can't say anything more than that - Wow.

That's a great shot! I try Milky Way shots once in awhile, but so far ........ not much. Thanks for sharing your inspiring photo.

I haven't been active lately and that's because I've honestly just been focusing more on my photography and not so much chatting about it online. But I am still here and still taking photos and thought I would share probably my best to date milky way shot that I'm very happy with.

Nikon D610 + 20 1.8G
15 seconds, f/2.5, ISO 4000

Taken in my own backyard!

View attachment 145189

What time do you go out to get these, out of curiosity

Most reactions

Back