tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just to say hi, and introduce my self.
I work in game production so no stranger to photoshop, but have something against manipulating photos for some reason.

Last week i got a digital camera and last night had a chance to try it out.
Here are a few of the results, any criticisms would be more than apreciated as i havn't really tryed posting my own photos and the only critique has been from the parents in-law and ol granny, so any comments would be very interesting.

macro1.jpg

macro10.jpg

macro2.jpg

macro3.jpg

macro4.jpg

macro5.jpg

macro6.jpg

Oh and just in case here are a couple of facked (cg only where photoshop manipulation isnt so much of a cheat) ones from work

http://thebort.net/tpe/eye3.jpg
http://thebort.net/tpe/hsreflection.jpg

tim

Hi there and Welcome!

Nice pics. I especially like the one with the nuclear rod and the one closeup with the markings and the hex bolts.

Rob
Yeah I know it's not a nuclear rod, but hey!

welcome to TPF. I love the texture in your shots. keep em comin

Workshops can be cool places. :mrgreen:
I like Rob's nuclear rod as well. :mrgreen: The tool post and the swarf look nice as well.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Interesting series - you definitely have a good eye. :thumbup:

Welcome to TPF! :)

Many thanks for the warm welcome, already go loads of great info from spending too much time brousing the forums and so many fantastic photos but frightningly time consuming :thumbup: (but dont tell the boss). I especially like that there are so many different styles, it makes it an eye opener providing so many ideas when it comes to deciding what to take a picture of next. It also make it a bit daunting trying to come up with ideas that will live up to the high standards though. Catching a live shot, someone looking round at the right moment or the hummingbird wingbeat and still exposing it right looks to be the hardist to me so far. Looking forward to learning a great deal and hope to make some kind of contribution where i can.

tim

Hello from one newbie to another! :mrgreen:

Great shots, keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Hi Tim and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
By your first photo contributions it looks like you already fit in well, and I can't see anything in your pictures that would need to make you self-conscious about them! Wonderful close-ups, I really like them, though I do not quite understand what it is I am seeing in them. But never mind. They speak another language, that of abstract graphics and that of colour! Great.

I can only second what has been said: Great shots! The first one is my favourite. Love the colours!

hey Tim :D
firstly a big welcome to tpf...
nice pics.. like the depth of field in #1..
you got some great color in these shots
look forward to more
mansi

Most reactions

Back