Yikes...

Unfortunately, I think a lot of that is a natural change due to the size now and the new challenges in trying to manage things. Its definitely gone through some major changes.

Chase said:
Unfortunately, I think a lot of that is a natural change due to the size now and the new challenges in trying to manage things. Its definitely gone through some major changes.
For the better! :thumbup::mrgreen:

OMG I couldn't find my pictures which I posted in critique forum huh... and I was afraid that they were so awful that Chase deleted them :p
So... now if I need a honest critique, even harsh one like it was in critique section... I need to post pics in general gallery?! huh...

bp22hot said:
I think the forum was much better, the less hands that had their hands on things, I see so many moved post and stickies and now the forum change. It seems that there is always a lil clic now and on posted pics they get the most said while others have to either bump to get any kind of response.
The forum has always had its little clics. With the number of people we have here it is just going to happen. Name a place that doesn't. Every job I have had and every school I have been to every church every place that has a group of people has clics. We all have friends we get along with better than others. These things are going to happen. I know the mods and admins do there best to keep this from happening but it is just part of life. I'm sorry you feel the changes have not been good.

Oh, and part of the reason for the change is so that people's pics get more views and comments than before. With so many people posting, threads get bumped to the bottom very quickly, AND a lot of people don't have time to go through every single thread, so yeah, some people do have 'favorite photogs' and tend to click on those threads first. I'll freely admit that I'm one of em. Ya know what? I'm also one that usually gets very few responses, even when I bump my images, but that's just the way things are in a large forum. So I accept that. But the fact is..we ARE TRYING to aleviate these problems.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Just a few thoughts passing briefly through my head.

When creating a new thread in the Critique gallery can the site not link to a guidelines page before clicking to continue to post a new thread? This way anyone will have an insight of what is expected and how to proceed.

Also could the Snapshot Gallery be made with no replies to posts? That way it would be just a gallery to display photos without expecting a reply and old photos wouldn't get bumped to the top knocking newer posts down the page before they've been seen? Members who feel they have to reply to a photo can then do so by PM.

When creating a new thread in the Critique gallery can the site not link to a guidelines page before clicking to continue to post a new thread? This way anyone will have an insight of what is expected and how to proceed.
Actually, that idea was considered, but discarded in view of the fact that, once familiar with the guidelines, it would become annoying and just a matter of time before everyone was begging to have the link removed!

Can't win. :lol:

The sticky is there about the guidelines to be read BEFORE posting. Most regular members are familiar with them by now. Newbies should take the time to read the information provided. If they don't - THEN the link will be provided.

Most reactions

Back