hape

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photomagie.eu
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
it only takes me a few minutes walk to stroll along many large ponds, most part of a nature reserve.
Fascinating to watch ducks, geese, swans and other water birds.
And sometimes they are within reach for a camera shot
Besides birds - in 2 months the dragonfly season starts again ;-)

About happy animals ...
Doesn't this lady look happy ?

50049.jpg

... and that is how it looks like if you fly with them and land behind them ;-)
( very hard to fly and keep the camera steady )

50050.jpg

Time to get out of the way

50855.jpg

Here is the complete story of the 'Royal Duck Airline'
http://www.photomagie.eu/gallery_17.php

Sincerely

Helmut

What were these shot with? What were you using? You've got subject and camera blur and some funny looking artifacting in the 3rd one.

What were these shot with? What were you using? You've got subject and camera blur and some funny looking artifacting in the 3rd one.

Hello,
all are Olympus E-300 and the 40-150mm Kit lens free hand shots

The 3rd is actually only part of this image
http://www.photomagie.eu/gallery_17_50048.php
taken at light conditions close to 'forget it'
Image 3 is manipulated - duck masked and background NEATed
Did not throw away as I never managed to get another shot with a duck flying toward me.

Sincerely
Helmut

Helmut, I have looked at your site (and your own photo there :greenpbl: ), and I think I prefer the uncropped version of the direct landing approach of Royal Duck Flight No 443 with the reflection on the water.
These are some wonderful photos. Did you take them where you live now or did you take them before you moved? (Well, I guess there are ducks everywhere!)

Helmut, I have looked at your site (and your own photo there :greenpbl: ), and I think I prefer the uncropped version of the direct landing approach of Royal Duck Flight No 443 with the reflection on the water.
These are some wonderful photos. Did you take them where you live now or did you take them before you moved? (Well, I guess there are ducks everywhere!)

The 'Royal Duck Airline' series was done mainly at the previous place at the River during my photography testing period.
Bought an E-300 fall 2005 and started again after some decades doing double-8, Super-8 and 16mm movie films. My youngest daughter, soon a professional photographer, got me on the photography track.
Think she is the far better photographer than me, I am the amateur and newcomer.
Her website is http://www.photomagie.de
She is also using dad's website software - that is what I am doing to make a living.
For me photography is an escape from the screen to avoid getting square eyes and a chance to air the mind.
Programming is a very logical thing and does not have much to do with creativity.

>looked at your site (and your own photo there
Hmmmm ... guess you noticed that my teenager period is part of history ;-)

Sincerely Helmut

Most reactions

New Topics

Back