YN568EXII and Eneloops... not playing well together

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Argh. So I spent a bunch of money on Eneloop batteries to avoid needing to spend $10 a pack on lithiums. Well, so far the Eneloops aren't playing nicely with the flashes. I charge the Eneloops, throw them in, and the flash never powers up-the pilot stays green until the flash shuts off. I put lithium batteries in, and they work just fine. Do these two just not get along? I've read LOTS of reviews that say they should.

are they charged? :p

Bad batch of Eneloops? Bad charger? Incompatible charger?

I've got six YNs in two different flavors, over a hundred Eneloops, and never had a problem of any kind.

Have you tried the Eneloops in any other devices or checked with a volt meter?

I have 4 YN568EX's, a few YN560's, and the few enloops i have seem to work fine in both models.
do other battery types work in them? and do those enloops work in anything else?

I haven't tried the Eneloops in anything else yet (yes, I've been putting them on the charger and the charger tells me they're full), but the flashes work great with lithium batteries. I'll try the Eneloops with my kid's RC car or something. See what happens.

I figured it out. They weren't fully charged from the factory. I was also misreading the charger-solid green means charging, not charged. :lol: FAIL on my part here. They're playing very well together now.

I use them with my YN560's just fine. I've been using them for about 2 years now :)

I figured it out. They weren't fully charged from the factory. I was also misreading the charger-solid green means charging, not charged. :lol: FAIL on my part here. They're playing very well together now.

Duh !!

LMAO :)

I bought a pack of eneloops last week.

opened them up, put them on the charger, and once charged, took them out.

I now only have three because a cat found them.

@photoguy99 - Do you disagree that I bought eneloops last week? or that I charged them and then lost one because cats don't like thing on counters?

I bought a pack of eneloops last week.

opened them up, put them on the charger, and once charged, took them out.

I now only have three because a cat found them.

Oops

I'm just looking for an argument.

I'm glad the battery is just lost .. versus was eaten by said cat ...

Just think, you'll have to charge up the cat sooner or later unless the cat dispenses the battery.

I'm glad the battery is just lost .. versus was eaten by said cat ...

Just think, you'll have to charge up the cat sooner or later unless the cat dispenses the battery.

I keep the cats fully charged.

20150126_171038.jpg

Most reactions

Back