Yoga at the Beach

A4Effort

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to go to the beach a little today with the girlfriend. Here are some pictures from the day.

IMG_5281_extr.jpg

Yogaatbeach.jpg

Last edited:
The first one's great, really nice serene atmosphere there. The second one I feel would benefit from a composition that didn't put her dead centre. On another note, both shots look like they need straightening to me.

Thought it might be fun to see it squared up a bit and with a slightly different take on the post. -Shea

A4Effort-modz_IMG_5281.jpg

I do agree the picture needed some straightening.

Ls3D: I do like that better, thank you for that edit. How is the straightening done? I only have GIMP software for now. CS3 is coming soon.

I dragged a guide from the ruler then CTRl-T (transform), then right clicked to choose skew.. acquiring the proper transform gizmo (mouse cursor icon) I simply skewed both ends towards the guide. One could rotate as well, best done before crops. I also tried to increase the dynamic range in my edit...

Funny if I crushed the levels I could see you girl in red there... Great shot!

-Shea

Sorry, but I'm not a fan. The horizons need straightening. I think the silhouette ned at least a little information, it's just too black and the transfer areas feel so harsh. Whatever is going on in the left horizon in pic 1 is way distracting. And I like taking them too, but yoga on the beach shots are way played out.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan. The horizons need straightening. I think the silhouette ned at least a little information, it's just too black and the transfer areas feel so harsh. Whatever is going on in the left horizon in pic 1 is way distracting. And I like taking them too, but yoga on the beach shots are way played out.

I guess to each his own. Personally I do not think yoga shots on the beach are played out but once again that is a personal opinion and Im not going to argue it. Take it easy though, Im just a beginner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks a lot Shea for the help.

whoa... what happened... did you like massively change these since you first posted them?

whoa... what happened... did you like massively change these since you first posted them?

I deleted the other two pictures because they did not carry the same emotion. I went into Gimp and played around a bit. :mrgreen:

You like?

ah, ok, so I'm not losing it... well not relative to this anyway. :lol:

They're fine. I don't think the new edits did much for them, however.

Personally, it looks to me like you had a reasonably neat subject and didn't QUITE nail it in your composition/framing... they're fine, but I think they could have been better.

I think the second one is closer overall, but I would have picked a zoom level betweem the two I think and would have positioned her differently in the frame.

Interestingly, I'm also bothered by the lack of shape to her... it's not as graceful of a pose or something... I think I might have gotten her to turn a hair to the right so I could see the shape of her breasts against the light... and I'm suspecting she was wearing shorts and a shirt or something... not sure ... can't tell... just doesn't look quite right.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try that next time.

i both practise yoga and love photography, so felt a special bond with your pics, the first in particular, empathising with both the serenity and euphoria of the subject practising yoga in such a wonderful setting; and at the same time the joy of the photographer shooting a great shot. i love it.
:)

Thanks a lot for the comment. I definitly get the same feeling of serenity.

Most reactions

Back