Yongnuo YN-622N trigger review!

As mentioned above, I have the Canon variant of these triggers and have spent the last few months playing around with them.

I have (3) Canon speedlights, and I'm able to manually set them separately from the camera, which is amazingly convenient (and fun).

As much as I've enjoyed this product, there is one thing I feel compelled to talk about for the sake of full disclosure. I'm finding that the hot-shoe mounts on the transceivers are a bit finicky sometimes. One of the first times I used the triggers, I simply could not get one of my flashes to adjust its power and zoom settings to match what I was sending from the camera. It would fire, but not with the settings I was programming. Eventually I determined that the transceiver on that flash was simply not making adequate contact with the "data" terminals on the flash. Removing the transceiver and re-installing it tightly fixed the problem. This has happened one other time since, but luckily I recognized the problem and was able to correct it right away without fumbling around and/or wasting time.

All in all, it hasn't been a big deal, more of a minor annoyance. I've gotten into the habit of testing the communications before mounting the flashes up in umbrellas or hanging them off rafters or other hard-to-reach spots. That's probably good practice anyway.

Well I'm ordering two more. The build quality seems good. Only one unit have a problem, and that it loses connection with the flash. A fix to that is to make that unit my sole camera transceiver. must be a loose connection on hotshoe.

If someone gets the YN-622N-TX could they please do a review?

I'm waiting on mine in the mail.

Not hijacking but my 622n tx came it and it all works well. I'll do a review but so far with a couple of speedlights, I am able to get up to 1/3200 second f 2.8 ISO 200 and with a speedlight at full power . Not sure if I need to go more than that but I'll be testing hopefully more this weekend.

I get my 622n's today!!! I will get the TX when I am ready for a 3rd speedlight.

I'm waiting on mine in the mail.

Not hijacking but my 622n tx came it and it all works well. I'll do a review but so far with a couple of speedlights, I am able to get up to 1/3200 second f 2.8 ISO 200 and with a speedlight at full power . Not sure if I need to go more than that but I'll be testing hopefully more this weekend.

I can't get my Tx to change the setting as it should. Maybe I have a faulty unit? The flash is in TTL mode as the directions state but it does nothing.

So what happens when you change the triggers from TTL to Manual?

What power setting are you at? Do both triggers need to be on Manual? Does the flash stay on TTL to receive Manual commands?

I don't love the instructions...

I can't get my Tx to change the setting as it should. Maybe I have a faulty unit? The flash is in TTL mode as the directions state but it does nothing.
Check your batteries and take them out and put it back in. I had the same issue and took about 2 minutes before I figured it out. Plus one of my batteries were dead. Maybe swap em out? Whoops re read your message. Make sure your mode to your tx is in ttl.

Make
Sure you wipe the contacts on the foot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back