You can't see me.

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
spottedfish0oy.jpg

Wow, that is a great image, he is well camouflaged. Forgive me I have so many questions! Was this taken through an aquarium or underwater? If under water what kind of equipment is used? Does the fish change to match his surroundings or has he evolved to match that particular sponge/coral/thing?

bonairmecamera4mu.jpg

This is the equipment, Nikon N2000 with Ikalite housing and housing for Vivitar 283 flash. Shot was taken in Bonair somewhere in the 60-80 foot range. Because the flash is close to the subject the natural colors come out (no blue) and because of a small aperature the background is black even though it was fairly bright. Don't know much about what the fish can an can't do, sorry. He was just there. Ektachrome slide film was developed in the bathroom every night to make sure they came out and to make any adjustments to exposure. Photo was taken in early 90s and all dive gear has been upgraded.
Also housing sprung a leak in Bermuda and I threw away a nikon camera body, and lens. Salt water adds to the cost of a vacation. :(

Most reactions

Back