You guys like the new digital broadcast network tv?

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Digital network tv looks good when it works, but i'm not too fond of it. An outdoor antenna may work better but indoor antennas are so quirky. Like if get up and walk around or move my hand or a tree leaf moves or something the signal stalls or gets all blurby. I wonder how its going to affect network tv viewing since it is so finicky. If the antenna moves like 2 inches it won't pick up half of 8 channels:er:. It might just be my area has crappy reception.

I set up my first digital broadcast TV a few days ago, I have all my first floor TVs hooked to the satellite receiver in the living room so I can have all TVs on the same channel. This means I have about 100 feet of co-ax connected with a splitter in the basement, this co-ax is what acts as my antenna and it works just fine, the picture is perfect, I haven't noticed any finickyness at all.

I haven't had an antenna since 1996 when I moved out into the country. We can't pick up a signal, or it is very weak. I've been on satellite ever since. My TV is a 27 inch CRT I bought in '96 and has the S-cable connection from the satellite.

I have no reason to go with the HDTV crap as I am paying an arm and a leg anyways. I don't understand all this widescreen stuff unless you pay for HD. Why pay for more TV than you can use with the 4:3 format still being broadcast on satellite and cable without paying for HD. If my TV goes out, I'm screwed because I can't see paying $1500 for twice the screen that I would be able to use to replace my $200 TV that I'm perfectly happy with.

Too many rich, snobby, materialistic people in this country. I'm happy the economy is falling through the floor. Puts everyone down to my level with my single income 4 person family. If they wouldn't make HD more money, I'd be perfectly happy with it. Unfortunately, they will eventually force everything broadcast in HD and I will have to shell out even more money just because I want to watch a little hockey.

I haven't watched broadcast tv in years when we get bored with the movies we have at the house we go to the local used movie store and pick up a couple more.

I live in a downtown area, where signal refraction is a real problem on ATSC broadcast. That being said, of the 4 broadcast channels I care about, all 4 of them come in 98% of the time with no problems. I get the same 'if anything sneezes in the wrong direction I have to reposition the antenna' thing (well, I did before I got a house and mounted it outside), but it was far, far, far, far, far, far, far [...], far better than anything I've ever gotten through analog, anywhere I've lived, ever. You can get away with a weaker analog signal, and still watch, but I can't stand the fuzzy, double image, ghosted picture that comes with the territory.

I do have satellite too, now, because Discovery and Food network are necessary to existance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back