You have pets? What was (is) your weirdest pet?

I think we should give them salarys like the rest of us working folk. I think they should also get a 4% raise depending on their effort and all through the year. I wonder how many people would play then? Maybe we would have a smaller league consisting of guys that truly love the sport.

graigdavis said:
I think we should give them salarys like the rest of us working folk. I think they should also get a 4% raise depending on their effort and all through the year. I wonder how many people would play then? Maybe we would have a smaller league consisting of guys that truly love the sport.

I agree. I'd GLADLY take my $32K a year for playing hockey or soccer or what-have-you rather than teaching. And I love to teach.

I agree also about a smaller league. That being said, I also think hockey is one of the last refuges of athletes who (for the most part) still DO play for love of the sport. I remember a few years ago there was a guy (I think he played for detroit) who broke his ankle in a playoff game. He taped it up and played the rest of the playoffs on it. Tell that to some NFL loser who sits 6 weeks with 'turf toe' or an NBA player who sits a month with a 'sore shoulder'. :roll:

:cheer:

OH MAN I love you guys...I totally agree with both of you, now adays its just how much you can make with the sport. Most of them are over paid babies who have a sprit of talent every now and then. I think back in the good old days when they hardly wore any gear and goalies had just a glove and a bandaid for leg pads, those were the real players..they played for the love of the game.

I would so play for like 20-30k a year just to play...heck Im paying the leagues to play...although I'm to old and the wrong sex to play pro..lol and you have to have talent..dang I'm 0-3 lol

Yes, :) at least hockey players are real sportsmen. Most of them anyway.

Every time I get my hair cut, my barber tells me that all pro athletes should only get paid when they win. Why pay them the same if they win or loose every game? Then we would see some effort!

I have never like Hasek, but you have got to love that he gave back or refused most of his pay for this year when he found out that his injury would keep him out.

You don't see that from guys like Allen Iverson in the NBA. He refused to play in a game simply because the coach didn't start him.

Yo,
Oh geeze, my house is a zoo! We used to have a dog, she's new in the garage, in an urn. Next to her, is her son's urn . . . we kind of took him in after my cousin left the state for college.
We've had 2 guinea pigs, 3 rabbits, a crapload of gerbils - all dead and buried in my backyard, ha ha.
Now we have:
4 indoor cats
1 outdoor cat - our neighbor's, but they don't want him anymore and were planning to euthanize him, so we took him
1 mourning dove - we found him when he was a baby and took him in since outdoor cat has a knack for killing things
2 gerbils - I got a second batch and they are all that remain
1 bunny
1 rat - also rescued from my front yard, he is obviously a domesticated rat (I can tell from the markings), but he was abandoned. Maybe because he was half blind, now he is completely blind.
Also numerous fish of course!
Me, the Flea

LilCujo said:
markc said:
I have two cats, but neither of them play hockey. One thinks he's a dog, though. I'm not kidding. Drives me nuts at times, but I love 'im.

lol nice..how does he think he is a dog?
He follows me around all day, begs for attention, licks me all the time, and there are other non-specific things about his personality that just remind me more of a dog than any of the other cats I've known.

markc said:
He follows me around all day, begs for attention, licks me all the time, and there are other non-specific things about his personality that just remind me more of a dog than any of the other cats I've known.

Ha! That's cute!...

Mitica100 said:
markc said:

Ha! That's cute!...
Hehe. Yeah it is. Except it can get a bit annoying, too. The cat is a complete nut! :roll:
To be fair, he was a rescue (they both were). The center told me he was found on the side of the road in a dog-food bag as a young kitten, left to die. I don't blame him for having "issues".

markc said:
Hehe. Yeah it is. Except it can get a bit annoying, too. The cat is a complete nut! :roll:
To be fair, he was a rescue (they both were). The center told me he was found on the side of the road in a dog-food bag as a young kitten, left to die. I don't blame him for having "issues".

Well, I can understand that. Tiger, one of the two cats I have (the saved one) is very smart, too smart for his own good. He can turn on the water in the bathroom faucet, he likes to drink from that spigot despite having an all-filtered kitty fountain in the kitchen. So, whenever I come home from work I look in the bathroom to see if the water's on. I am happy he can't turn on the gas stove! He he... :twisted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back