You know what they say.....

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by GeorgiaOwl, May 23, 2008.

1. GeorgiaOwl

GeorgiaOwl TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If it sounds too good to be true...

Is this deal a little too good to be true? Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see everything that comes in this deal. The tripod is a bit cheap( I have one just like it), and there are a few throw-in items, but they include the longer lens and some other stuff...and it looks like the ebay seller is actually a brink-n-mortar store in the NE.

Good deal? Or something fishy?

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D40-Digit...yZ150130QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    well their ratings are up to scratch, but those can be forged.
    Its way too good a deal, espcially for brand new kit - play it safe and be happy rather than take a risk and get less than you think

3. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    All that stuff is complete CRAP. If your considering buying it you will regret it beyond words.

4. EricBrian

EricBrian TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with JimmyO. That stuff they package in the bundle is junk. Do yourself a favor and skip this one. Go to Ritz, Adorama or B&H and look for packages there. I promise you, you will be very happy you did.

5. EricBrian

EricBrian TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  6. GeorgiaOwl

GeorgiaOwl TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Holy crapoley.....I hadn't checked a camera shop yet. And, yeah, other than the one extra Nikon lens I was thinking the other stuff looked rather cheap.

I see I got some replies by some hard-core nikon folks. ;) While I've got you hear can I ask something else - rather than start another thread....

I've been here at my PC most of the day looking at D40's D80's, Rebels, Sony's, and other DSLRs. I think I am finally coming through alot of the confusing stuff and I'm having almost a backlash of sorts in my little pea-brain....

My take is that the DSLR, unlike P&S cameras, allow you to switch lenses for bigger zooms, etc. and also allows you more freedom to control more detail aspects of your photos. ( That about right?)
    But I'm having a hard time swallowing the fact that unless I spend $1000 or so, I'm going to have to give up my live view LCD screen!?

The other thing I keep reading is that MP don't matter. Then I read they do. Then they don't.

I want to do really nice 18 X 20's. I don't want to be stuck with a maximum size of 8 X 10. I'm reading some folks saying you can do large prints( 18 X 20's) etc with a 4MP camera? Is that right? And if it is, this means the ONLY advantage of a DSLR over a high-quality P&S is the ability to fit the DSLR with a really long lense?

ok, maybe i'm not as un-confused as I think i was. am. are. whatever.

'lil help?

thanks