You know you need a smack in the head when...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cleaning up from a shoot yesterday, changing batteries in the speedlights, you know, the usual drill... Anyway, one of the things I ALWAYS do when I change speedlight batteries is turn it on and test-fire it; (A lesson learned the hard way about making sure your batteries were installed correctly). Anway, I noticed that for some reason the flash head wasn't zooming properly... "Hmmm... what's up with that?" Check everything, settings are correct, do a hard reset... no change.... double check the manual, yep, I'm doing it right.... WTF? Well, maybe ole' trusty's about to go to that great darkroom in the sky... he is at least 10 years old... I look at everything, double-check all the settings.... and I'm about ready to move it from the main bag to the 'strobist' bag and put in an order for a '910 when what do I see? The friggin' wide-angle plate is down (which restricts the flash zoom from 14-17mm only).

I must have looked at it ten times, but do you think I could see it? Sherlock Holmes I ain't!

Uh-ohhh....the fam's gonna be considering those assisted living facility brochures a bit more carefully now...

If you ever have this happen again, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have the address to that "darkroom in the sky" ;-)

Maybe it's some west coast memory thing going around. For three days I've been looking for my favorite coffee cup. The one with the big G on it. I search high and low, inside and out ... for days. Then a light went on ... and there it was in the microwave. Like duh ...

I know the feel.

It took me several weeks to realize that the ETTL triggers that I have allow me to control my speedlite settings from my camera. It would only do it every so often, so I'd be on a shoot constantly cursing because my speedlite would change to whatever settings the camera had it at every time I took a photo.

Most reactions

Back