You want a zoom? How about a 2.8 200-500mm zoom?

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Sigma, and yes, yes it's big alright.

PMA 2007: Sigma has today announced one massive beast of a lens; the APO 200 - 500 mm F2.8 EX DG. This lens is stated by Sigma as being the worlds first Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens that offers an impressively fast F2.8 maximum aperture through its range. The lens also features and LCD panel with a readout of focal length and subject distance. If 500 mm isn't enough reach a dedicated 2x Tele Converter is supplied with the lens as standard and changes it into a 400 - 1000 mm F5.6. Combine that with a typical APS-size 1.5x FOV crop on a digital SLR and you've got either 300 - 750 mm F2.8 or a 600 - 1500 mm F5.6 (better have a good tripod). No news on price, availability or weight yet.

sigma200500mm-big.jpg

I love how it not only needs it's own handle, it's so big that the handle looks normal on it.

oh yeh... Canon made an even larger lens for their manual FD mount. I have never seen a picture of it just drawings.

and Ziess made a GIANT at 1700mm lens for a Medium format (IIRC).

oh yeh... Canon made an even larger lens for their manual FD mount. I have never seen a picture of it just drawings.

yup

zeiss1700-02.jpg

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, it was custom made for someone too - someone actually called them and said 'Hey, I need a 1700mm lens, here's a blank check'

None of those are a Man's lens. It is sissy lens. This is a Man's lens. Made by Canon of course.

Only $250,000.00 with out mounting rail. Or you could go for the Trifecta.

Now those are a Man's lenses. :lol:

seen some of those in real life ... unuseable for me and my sort of travel.

they are good wirt a huge and massive tripod to spy on people though ...

seen some of those in real life ... unuseable for me and my sort of travel.

they are good wirt a huge and massive tripod to spy on people though ...

Well if you would quite using those darn backpack camera bags and get a real bag, it might not be a problem.:D :D Don't think any of them are carry on compatable, so you will have to check them with your luggage though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even better, travel with a truck!!!

Most reactions

Back