you web designer/programmers...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... I'm an admin of www.stf.pl which is the site of my local photo society. but a few months ago we changed servers and adress. I added new site to google catalogue but ... how to get rid of the old site from the catalogue? and... do you know any tips and tricks on how to promote the site to pop up on the first places in google?

dont think you can get rid. It will probably start to drop further down the ranks because you stopped adding content. Maybe stick a redirectory link on the old site for the time being, so that people who find it through google will get the new one too

JohnMF said:
dont think you can get rid. It will probably start to drop further down the ranks because you stopped adding content. Maybe stick a redirectory link on the old site for the time being, so that people who find it through google will get the new one too

and that's the problem... I cant contact the guy who administrated the previous site because he is no longer here and nobody knows how to contact him... his mobile and email don't work.. :(

did he register the domain name that is used on the old site? If he did you may be able to do a whois look up on it at this site

http://www.dns.pl/english/whois.html

this may give an address and telephone number for him so you can contact him.

is there anybody else who know the password to the webspace on which the site is hosted? if not you may be best contacting the web host provider and explaining to them the situation and seeing if they will give you a new password or deleting the account

You can get rid of the site.
Add a file in the root directory of your old site called robots.txt.
Put this in the file:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

:)

MaxBloom said:
You can get rid of the site.
Add a file in the root directory of your old site called robots.txt.
Put this in the file:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

:)

yeah... but firstly I need to get on the server... and nobod has a password... ehhh... I'll contact the owner of the server, the company who hosts the site... maybe they will help me

oh. You're basically screwed if you don't own server space anymore. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back