doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, maybe you will.....MORE BUGS :mrgreen:
Had some time left over today and so i went bug hunting again.
Park128.jpg

Park129.jpg

Park130.jpg

Park131.jpg

Park132.jpg

#6 Was tricky to make these pics, since it was rather windy. Got a slight motion blur in these.
Park133.jpg

#7 And pretty cool to see a miniature bug coming from mums behind (just sounds a bit wrong)
Park134.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

very nice! :)

I wonder if i shoud start with bugs one day .. but if it is addictive, maybe not? ;)

Awesome stuff!

Well, I can now say that I have seen a bug being born - which is somewhat amusingly disturbing.

Amazing work though - talk about detail!

I have never seen a bug being born, either! I think these are fantastic photos... and I can't stop staring in awe.

Great job!

Ok. that was amazing and gross all at once! :) I thought that big one was eatin' the little fellar!

I've got a Nikon...what kind of lens do I need to try and take some pics similar to these? My maco setting with the 55mm lens just isn't cuttin' it. :(

any advice or info on what lens or technique to use would be great...you just find these bugs around the yard? or in a park?

thanks again,

owl

thank you :)
And to make shots like i did, you need a macro lens. I use the sigma 105mm 2.8 macro. Great lens and i use it all the time now. And then you need a program that can crop, cause some of them are really cropped. I also use a flash (speedlite 430EX) with a softbox on it. Then its just walk out in a park or yard and start shooting, you learn to hold your breath and sit still after some time and the shots will be nice :)

Do you use the flash and softbox even in mid-day conditions?

Oh, and THANKS for the info! :) I appreciate it very much. Looked up that lens and it's $500 or so. Maybe for Christmas!? :) Until then, I'm going to tape a magnifing glass to the end of my 55mm and pretend.

haha.

kidding.

yup, even in mid day conditions and sunshine. I usually shoot at 1/200 and f13. And being close to the subject doesnt really help with the light neither. If i dont use the flash, the pics come out almost black.
You can look into extension tubes for macro or the reversed lens technique. Just google it if you havent and see if that can work for you.

Most reactions

Back