Young Woman with a Hat

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by otherprof, Dec 14, 2017.

1. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is exactly what I noticed, as well: it is a study in geometrical shapes. The ovals from the hat, the table and chair mounts are of central interest; then, you have the nice rectangle in the upper left, with the angled line on the upper right.

Funny, that would be the last thing to occur to me about this shot. Even if meant in a tongue in cheek way, if we saw her face the image would then be about the woman. In my view it is most emphatically not about her - she is helpful as a focal point to support the geometrical shapes that surround her.

Great job, Professor S. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. otherprof

otherprof TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Your comment about catching people looking at other people reminded me of this shot, from January of 2014. I thought I caught the man on the left looking at the woman on the right who was looking at the two guys. In my imagination, the man on the left was daydreaming about the girl, who was
    daydreaming about the two guys, but they were a couple - though things had been cooling down lately . . .
    . IMG_2068_2.jpeg

3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Love it. I captured one similar back in the summer, they don't happen often when everything seems to click

• Like Like x 1
  4. timor

timor Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

My remark was about something totally different and question about her beauty was just an introduction to it. Title says "Young woman with the hat". Well, in full honesty I don't see young, I don't see woman and the hat is rather man's model. If the title would be per example "Hat on the head", that would change the focus immidiatly, wouldn't it ? I misread professor intentions, but he understood my concern. Actually it looks, like it is his exact field of expertise.

• Funny Funny x 1