Your all time favortie lens

I wouldn't say it is my favorite but the lens I use most is a Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 zoom lens. If I could only keep one, it would be that one since I use it more than the others. My favorite is probably the 45mm wide angle lens for my medium format camera. Which one of mine would you keep?

nikkorstable.jpg

Where is your kit lens?

That's the one I would want :)

I'm having the most fun now with my Nikkor 12-24mm f/4. I have never had a superwide before and it's just fun.

I use my 50mm f/1.8 the most. But i ENJOY using my wide angle and macro more.

Schneider 210 mm for my Takihara 4x5. Haven't used it in rather a while (ahem), but Craig will understand why I love to exercise the shutter and just fondle the beautiful thing. All I need now is a 4 X 5 CMOS sensor ....

Takumar 50 mm f/1.4 (ex of Spotmatic), and I don't care how cheaply you can pick one up on eBay. Just ordered a couple of M42 screw -> EOS adaptors and soon I'll be sticking the Takumar 50 and 28 mm lenses on the 40D - howza! :)

My favorite lenses are the ones in my eyeballs. On the front of my camera anything will do, but the ones in my eyes are truly special.

Well mine would have to be 'The Beast'

IMG_0020-2-1.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

sharp as my wit wide open or even with a 2x extender

My favorite lenses are the ones in my eyeballs. On the front of my camera anything will do, but the ones in my eyes are truly special.

good one lol!

So far i must say its my Canon 100mm macro, all its lacking is some OS, i would say optically its on a par with some L lenses. Although, im sure once the cash for the legendary 70-200mm f2.8 comes through ill have a new favourite. I also think the tiny little 50mm f.18 looks really cool on cameras (works quite well too :p) speshly on a 1D.

If I had to leave everything behind, and just grab one thing, it would be my 17-55 f/2.8.

It's just too useful of a range to not have. That, and it's got speed and the quality if through the roof.
I have that exact same lens. Actually it's my first dslr lens ever and I'm still kinda figuring everything out (even a bit worried I spent way too much for what I needed). So would you mind explaing a bit more for what exactly you use this lens and why it is so good for that purpose?

I don't know what I'd do without my Tamron 17-50 2.8, it's the ideal lens. Versatile glass with the perfect range for everyday shooting, and fast enough to capture subjects in low-light conditions. Solid build, nice color and great sharpness. Despite what other (more expensive) lenses I invest in later on, this will always be my baby.

LP, I feel like raiding your house for your kickarse gear. such crazy results with those long lenses from what I've seen in you posts.

Most reactions

Back