Your Best Motorcycle Shots

adr3naline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone... I just got a new bike, and I'm looking for some good inspiration on how to take pictures of it... so, post me your best motorcycle shots! Thanks!

I really need to try and get some moving motorcycle shots, that's where motorcycle photos shine.

Here's a picture of mine.

b3.jpg

Operation Noble Eagle is the US military operational designator which refers to the military's efforts in the War on Terrorism that were carried out on US soil. The operation began September 15, 2001 in response to the September 11 terrorist attacks, and continues to the time of this writing. Operation Noble Eagle comprises, among other things, air interceptor patrols over and around cities and the mobilization of thousands of United States National Guard and United States Army Reserve troops to perform security missions on military installations, airports and other potential targets such as bridges.
As a kid I acquired a strong love for the bald eagle. After 9-11, I adopted the name NobleEagle.
As my friends call me NobleEagle, they too will "Never Forget".​

2725619504_637dd33ed7.jpg

Last edited:
These were taken at a local annual bike show here in the 'burg.

DSC_4763.jpg

DSC_4780.jpg

DSC_4792.jpg

DSC_4803.jpg

DSC_4815.jpg

DSC_4817.jpg

What bike did you recently pick up? not only because i'm interested in bikes (got 2 myself) but it might also help with ideas on how to shoot it. I can confirm that bikes are difficult to shoot, well, shoot an interesting shot which appeals to a wide audience.. i mean we might appreciate the mechanical details and technology but some folk wont see that. Some nice bikes being posted here though :)

Phranguey - I loved #2 & #5...

K Pugh - I just picked up a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Green. It's a pretty sharp bike, and I'm excited to photograph it. I'm trying to get a good idea for the setting, time of day, and positions... Thanks!

Nice! once you've gone kwak you don't go... :p

Should be a fairly interesting bike to shoot and i'd say early morning or late afternoon, lots of shiny bits to watch our for hotspots on. A low sun setting on those curves should be nice.. but i dunno.

Look forward to seeing the photos though (and the bike of course!) :thumbup:

Here's the bike from a Kawasaki ad:
07Splash_VN900Custom_01.jpg.jpg

Here's a couple I took earlier this year with a point/shoot:
chopper01.jpg

chopper02.jpg

So, last night I went out to take a few shots... let me know what you think:

myvulcan_01.jpg

myvulcan_02.jpg

myvulcan_03.jpg

myvulcan_04.jpg

myvulcan_05.jpg

myvulcan_06.jpg

I like the first one and the idea of the last one is good but it strikes me as a bit dark.

I apply the same ideas from shooting cars to motorcycles. Find a good location (the top of a parking garage can often work, or a lookout parking area). Try to shoot at dawn or dusk, that's how you'll get the softer light without harsh reflections. Experiment with short lenses and perspective, get low and move around a lot.

I don't have any photos on this computer otherwise I'd put up examples but you seem to have the idea.

Nice bike too, I love that color.

One of a friends 636, not happy at all with the WB, the lights made it come out very yellow and orange, long exposure was cool though.

-Ian

2671952694_8dd8e65453_b.jpg

didnt say what kind of bike so heres my sand dune bike.

IMG_1159.jpg

my brother
IMG_0247-1.jpg

one of my friends
IMG_0104.jpg

Most reactions

Back