Your Best Shot

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by manaheim, Feb 16, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I recently submitted a shot for Popular Photography's Your Best Shot... monthly photo contest sort of thing. Anyone ever done this?

2. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No, but it sounds interesting

3. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    sometimes I think of entering competitions - then I look at the works submitted and those that one the years before and slink away.
    I don't think I am good enough yet - but I certainly don't think its not within my reach!

4. manaheim

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, you can submit up to 5 shots a month. I figure I'll send in a couple more for this month and then a few next month just to see.

I dunno. I've been reading pop photog for a while now... some of the shots in there are pretty good, but honestly I see better shots posted up here pretty frequently. I think it's somewhat a matter of timing. If you just happen to get in a month where everyone kicks ass, well... tough. Otherwise you may have a shot.

Plus, Over, your shots are good. :)

5. BTilson

BTilson TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm always leery of photography contests. I've heard too many stories about them just being ripoffs that somehow claim all the rights to every submitted picture. That said, I'd love to find a legit one to enter.

6. MACollum

MACollum TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I missed the deadline to bring the pics I entered to the fairgrounds last year for entry in the amateur photo show at the state fair (no prize really, I just think it is cool to see my pics up. Besides, I won 7th place for one I entered the year before). I was pissed when I went to look at the entries. Hardly any were very good and many were downright awful. I probably would have gotten a ribbon! Maybe next year...

7. manaheim

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I figured I'd be pretty safe with Popular Photography as it's a big publication based around a community of subscribers.

I actually just realized that I submitted some to Nikon's photo contest as well. Forgot about that.

Yeah, I'm going to try to do that this year. Our town has a photography contest every year as part of their little town fair thingy.

8. AlexColeman

AlexColeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Anyone know of a good photo contest for me to enter? I don't really know which ones are good or bad. None are local, in mesa,az.