Your chance to help me

Two thoughts here.... My wife says that if all my ex wives ect show up at the funeral they will need a greyhound as a family car... not true by the way... A 1960 beat up old volkswagen micro bus should do just fine/

I wouldn't miss posting it here for anything. I'll even give you copies in high resolution to make your own for that special one in your life.

and Navy don't be so quick to deny you never know who lives in my fantasy world these days. lol

Okay, how about a self portrait, straight on head shot. You're holding a nice red rose in your mouth, and blood is trickling out of the corner of your mouth (from the thorns). The look on your face should say, "I may not be too bright, but I'm willing to suffer pain for you."

I did this for last year's Valentines Day card, and since we're over fifty, I can use it every three years until we're dead. She won't remember, and if she does start to say "Hey, wait a minute, didn't you already ...", then immediately raise a toast to her beauty. :D:D:D

A broken wooden box with a locked latch. Have a flower or two coming out of the cracks in the box. A couple choices to have the box on would be an old wooden table, a slab of slate, or a bed of vines.

Okay, how about a self portrait, straight on head shot. You're holding a nice red rose in your mouth, and blood is trickling out of the corner of your mouth (from the thorns). The look on your face should say, "I may not be too bright, but I'm willing to suffer pain for you."

I did this for last year's Valentines Day card, and since we're over fifty, I can use it every three years until we're dead. She won't remember, and if she does start to say "Hey, wait a minute, didn't you already ...", then immediately raise a toast to her beauty. :D:D:D
:lol: Weirdo. :hail:

Okay I made the first test shots on paper negs .... DISASTER

The score... photo gremlin 6
me 0

It was soooo bad I can't even show you. Oh I would show you a terrible image in a minute but all six were litterally so bad I can't get a decent scan.

I have been looking for a chance to test my 46mm (aka 127) yashica tlr in a real world situation. I think tomorrow I will set up a couple of still life sets and shoot them in color with it. That should be fun...

This might fall into the contrary category:

Take a teddy bear and use black electrical tape to X out it's eyes. Cut a hole in it's chest and pull out tuffs of stuffing. Title it, "You stole my heart."

Since Mark has already won there is no pressure on me.

How about a blanket with pick nik spread in a field of dead grass with barren trees around, and a bottle of wine with the top broken off (instead of just puling the cork), one glass 1/2 full and the other empty and laying on it's side on top of an envelope- opened- with RSVP clearly written on the front along with a bit of the red wine staining it?

Just a thought.

mike

Don't encourage me.

A bullet with a small red ribbon around it sitting next to a revolver. Title: "Love Me."

A neatly folded straight jacket sitting on the foot of the bed with a red heart sewn into the breast. Title: "I'm Waiting for You."

A black paper on the left with white lettering: "Poorer. Sickness. Death."
A red rose in a vase in the center.
A white paper on the right with black lettering: "Richer. Health. Parting."

Actually, that last one might be better as a "Dear John" card.

Where the hell is hertz when you need him. The photo gremlin may be trying to kill me.

Anybody know what would happen if you got an ounze of used dektol in your coffee by mistake.

I had the usual something coming out of every orafice expect my ears. That is consistant with flu, so I wasn't too worried until I started to have severe muscle cramps. I had such a bad day in the dark room and about on ounce of developer disappeared on me. I expect that it went down the drain but I'm curious about the symtoms of dektol poisoning.

I had been in and out of the bathroom for hours, each one worse than the one before when my 60lb rotty lab mix gave out with the save me daddy bark...

I figured the way things were going it would be a junky with a teck 9 at the back door. I gave it some thought and decided if it was, I was going to give him the cash, the guns, the cameras and the keys to my wife's new car but only.......

If he would kill me on the way out. Of course the save me daddy bark proved to be a 3 lb cat on the roof.

OK, if I can't help with the Valentine card, try this:

First, boil 1 chicken-pre cut, for 30 min and then de-bone. return chicken to the water. mix 2 cups self rising flour with 3/4 cup milk and roll to 1/4 inch thickness. cut flour mix into 1 inch squares and put in with the chicken. chop 1 med onion and put it into the mix and a stalk of celery chopped. season with salt, pepper, sage, garlic, lemon zest to taste. cook further until the onions are tender.

Eat all of it , take some aspirin and go to bed!

Get well soon.

mike

Some of you will be happy to know for others there will be no joy in mudville. As I emptied the contents of my empty stomach yet again last night, I remembered where the two ounces of dektol went. I dropped the film tank in the sink and it was full to the spout. Two ounces were lost.

Thanks for the chicken recipe.

I want you all to know that I had intended to shoot a sweet little still life for valentines day but you have convinced me otherwise. I have no idea when I will feel well enough to actually shoot it but I have decided on the card.

here it is the long awaited and over hyped valentine card

outside

29x7n9y.jpg

inside

44r9a9h.jpg

Yes i know the negative is flopped. intentional...

Most reactions

Back