Your favourite author?

NYBrit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know how many of you read books a lot but I do.
My favourite author by far is Dean Koontz. I must have well over 30 books so far and I'm still collecting them!
A also like horror, sci fi and westerns so a good spread there! :)

I read many hours a day--I'm getting my Bachelor's degree in English...so it's unavoidable (at least if I intend to graduate!)

I don't have a single favorite author...but two of my favorite books I've read recently are Joan Didion's Play It As It Lays and Sandra Cisneros Caramelo. Oh, Don DeLillo is a fantastic author too...his books blow my mind--in the best way!

It's great to see people that still READ!!

Cheers! :)

bit mainstream these days. but Iread tolkien long before anyone thought of making a trilogy on screen :p

But there are many more... mostly I do not stick to one author since I only like one or two books of one author ...

one of my favourite books is Children of the Dead end by Patrick MacGill ... don't ask me why :p

Robert Rankin, not easy to say when drunk
Peter F Hamilton
they are the only 2 I have to read

and anything I like the sound of by anyone else

I read a lot of classics (Shakespeare, Hugo, Virgil, etc) because you can always find paperback editions really cheap in used bookstores.

But my favorite author is Victor Hugo. I've only read Les Miserables and Hunchback, but I loved them both (especially Les Mis).

It's hard to pick a fav, but the name that first came to my mind is Salman Rushdie.
Arundhati Roy would be next. She wrote only one novel, which bagged a Booker (not that the Booker has something to do with my interest in her work).

I really like Dan Brown, but I read Stephen King, James Patterson, and a few others as well. And for kids books, I love Roald Dahl. :D

I have many. Stephen King, Dean Kootnz, Anne Rice, Diana Gabaldon, another guy whose name is escaping me at this time, Michael Critchon, among others.

I read horror, drama, suspense, fanasty, and sometimes the "book of the month" that gets advertised all over the place.

Ann coulter?

LOLZ... hardly... but I have read all her books and other political books so I dont really have a favorite author.

I guess Ken Kesey only because One flew over the cuckoo's nest is my favorite book EVERRRRR!!!!!

Boris Vian, Chekov (God, I can't believe I finished War and Peace at some point in my life!), Dostoyevski, Robin Cook (the American writer not the British politician...LOL), Dan Brown, Gabriel Garcia Marquez. An occasional Michael Crichton completes the list.

Cherrymoose, I just finished The Lovely Bones tonight. Such beautiful writing. There were many passages I read twice just to savor her prose.

I used to love Anais Nin, but after reading 80% of her fiction and 50% of her diaries, she annoys me.

No favorites anymore, but I'm always reading something. Usually two somethings: one at home, and one during slow shifts at the bookstore.

It was such and amazing book. She had a beautiful way of capturing you-- almost a sick way. I'm so glad I read it; I was hesitant at first because of the subject.

And it's her first novel! I'd like to read her memoir one day. (I don't have a lot of funds for books.) I also keep meaning to track down any short fiction she might have published. She's one of those amazing writers that makes me wonder why I should bother writing if I can't do that.

Along similiar lines of beautiful and sick, have you read anything by A.M. Homes?

Salman Rushdie, Joseph Heller, Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, and Larry McMurtry.

And I'll second EBPhoto's pick for Roald Dahl... my son and I are currently devouring all of his books.

Ann coulter?

I thought this forum didn't allow profanity? Ha, ha. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back