Your Favourite Fine Art Photographers

Ccauceg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well title says it all. Its hard to try and find some good photographers just stiffting through the web. So I thought we should all share our favorites and learn some new ones from others.

Thanks

Here are two of mine

1. Andrzej Dragan

2. Arno Rafael Minkkinen

Nick Brandt (http://www.nickbrandt.com) is certainly worth checking out. His "On This Earth" series is simply astonishing. And he shoots film :heart:

Andreas Gursky or Edward Burtynsky re. Urban Scapes

Simen Johan or Ruud van Empel re. Processing and Post-Production

Arno Rafael Minkkinen, that has to be a Finn... No other language has names like that.

Thank you, Mr. Alpha for the link. I for one really appreciate it, and I find that person's work to be amazing. I know almost no professional photographer's names, so this thread is really interesting to me.

One of my favorite photos was by a guy named Hipployte Bayard. He took a photo in the 1830s (yes, 1830) of himself as a drowned man, which I really like. Plus, I hear he was the first person to stage a photograph. IMO he deserves major credit for that! :)

So many. Raymond Moore, Victor Burgin, Thomas Joshua Cooper, Jem Southam, Hamish Fulton, John Hilliard, Ian Wainwright (not the populist IW), Laura McPhee, Virginia Beahan, Joel Sternfeld, Robert Adams, Paul Hill, Richard Long, Robert Polidori, Candida Hofer, Lewis Balz, Alec Soth, Bernd and Hilla Becher, Peter Fraser, John X Berger, Richard Misrach, Andrew Bush, John Ganis, Harry Callahan, Minor White. Many more.

Best,
Helen

One that I like a lot is Mike Kenna.

I too like Michael Kenna a lot. I think his compositions are simple but yet very effective (despite horizons in the middle of the frames in many of his landscapes :sexywink:). Moreover, he shoots film and print his pictures himself with great skills.

Most reactions

Back