Your Feedback On Some Real Estate Photos

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by SteveBlue, Apr 25, 2008.

1. SteveBlue

SteveBlue TPF Noob!

Hello Everyone,

I sure would appreciate your feedback on the photos at http://tinyurl.com/58zvsm

Any critisims, pros, cons, anything constructive at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help

2. Crosby

Crosby TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Over all, these are very nice photos. Some seem to be washed out a little (color faded). Most seem a little soft, especially the first pic of the front of the house. Maybe that is the style for real estate so not to show alot of detail, but show an overall look?

What camera are you using? I am pretty new at photography and hopefully I've learned something and given you some valid feedback.

3. SteveBlue

SteveBlue TPF Noob!

Thanks for your points, Crosby. I appreciate the reply.

I was trying to attain a warm feeling in the photos. In post while developing, I applied a bit of tint, etc. Do you think that I over did it?

The first pic is slightly out of focus. I appreciate it that you mentioned it being "soft" - it was the best of the set and when I take shots of another house, I'm going to review them on a large computer screen from the road to ensure that the detail was captured.

I'm trying to capture as much detail as possible. The standard real estate strategy agrees with you in that showing pointed details help garner business but I disagree. I think that online, the more information the better.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

These photos were taken with a Canon 40D, a Nikon D40 and some flash equipment.

4. DigiJay

DigiJay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice pics... now.. how much for the house?

5. soul.glo

soul.glo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Is this your profession?

Pics aren't bad, but could use some work. You need more uniform light throughout most of the pictures. Are you only using one flash? What lense are you shooting these with? I think something wider would work much better. I was wondering about that first pic being out of focus, I thought my eyes were going bad for a second. I like some of your angles and dislike others. Overall it's good work. I'd definitely like to see more.

Aloha!

6. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im guessing you were using an UWA lens? If so you should look into getting a good diffuser to help spread your flash around the whole room for a more uniform picture.