Your first camera?

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was poking around the net and found a pic of the very first camera I ever bought.

x15f.JPG

http://www.ryanbuck.com/cameras/details/x15f.htm

I bought it at the neighborhood grocery store, but it was far too long ago to remember how much I paid. I still have a lot of the pictures I took with that camera here somewhere. Someday I need to dig them out.

Zenit B (Russian) SLR, bought in the Czech Republic in 1973.

I still have my first camera that given to me for my 8th birthday. I have it stashed away (ok - Malachite put it in a box so it was out of the way :lol: ) but it is a Kodak 126 camera. My first "real" camera was a German made Rolleiflex SL35 with Ziess lenses that my father gave me when I was 13. While I don't have that camera anymore, I do have one just like it. Out of all of my cameras (and there's a lot of them) it's my favorite one. :mrgreen:

It produced some strange images that's for sure! Very difficult to depress the shutter without wiggling badly - the white button is in a stupid place and has about an inch of travel (or so I recall!).

First ever was a Kodak Instamatic, Christmas 1974 or '75. Model 177X or 277X I think:

i177x-1.jpg

First proper camera was a Pentax ME Super:

mesuper.jpg

i feel like a youngster, my first was a nikon n65, probably got it 5 years ago, still have it, doesnt work too great, then i got my Pentax KM, then my mamiya-stollen when my car was broken into, then my yashica 635, then my 7d-sold, newest= e-500

I remember having a Kodak instamatic 126 as well as a Kodak Ektralite 110 camera as a kid. I still have them somewhere even 25 years later.

K

I cant think of the name of any of my firsts... one was a real plastic 35mm piece of junk that i accidentally smashed into a billion pieces when i slipped while tryin to climb a monument at a state park (i was probably 10yrs old)... the other was one of thos disc cameras... the film was a round piece with abunch of frames proabably smaller than 1/4" x 1/4" something like the below...but cheaper looking...
Science_&_Society_Picture_Library_10311729.jpg

Asahi Pentax KX was my first, and It's still my primary camera, although I'm only 16 :mrgreen:

kx_01.jpg

Also started with Kodak 126 camera, when I was 11 or 12 got a Yashica MG-1 for Christmas, it the only gift that i got as a kid that i still have, just got it off of the camera drawer and there is film in it :D

Most reactions

Back