Your first collectible?

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Mitica100, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    To all of you collectors:

I'm curious what was your first collectible camera/photo equipment piece that started your collection.

Mine was a Graflex D, huge wooden 4x5 camera with no lens, otherwise working well (even the much dreaded Focal Plane shutter).

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I guess my first collectable would have been a little green Savoy 620 camera given to me by my Grandmother when I was about 12. I don't have that camera anymore, although I have picked two identical models in the last couple of years.

My first vintage cam was the Anniversary Speed Graphic. I got it to shoot large format. I was so impressed with the photos that I began loooking into other old cameras. At first I had no interest in collecting, only using, but once you get a few cameras people think you are collecting and start helping you out. So now I have a bunch, and eventually the collecting bug bit me. Although it's still got to be a heck of a deal for me to pick up a camera that is unworkable or not a user.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    mmmm, I guess the first collectable I was exposed to (no pun intended) was the hubby's Rollei. But he uses it so much I don't even view it as a collectable. For myself, I bought 2 Model II SX-70 Land cameras, one plastic, one chrome body - but again, I use them, so they don't feel like collectables. :p

That just started awakening the beast, I fear. :twisted:

4. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I feel your pain... :D :wink: