Your first photo that got you into photography

I was walking around London, on a really cold day...I had just bought my nikon d3200....I just loved how it turned out...and how I felt when I held a camera for the first time.....

autumn_flowers1_2015retouch.jpg

piano2_2015retouch.jpg

Contain your laughter for a minute.

OK, go ahead and laugh now. That's one of the first pictures that got me into automotive photography, and from there I got WAY better at it.

Contain your laughter for a minute.

OK, go ahead and laugh now. That's one of the first pictures that got me into automotive photography, and from there I got WAY better at it.

No laughing here we all started somewhere. That is the point of this thread. We get to look back and remember where we started. Like my quote on the bottom. Shoshin means:
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." This keeps me grounded and makes sure I don't forget that art is a life long endeavor and to keep myself from getting full of myself. Lately I have been trying to just get that "oh my gosh shot" instead of just shooting and having fun. It was taking the pleasure out of it and just shooting I may get OK shots but eventually I will get another "that is why I shoot" shot but trying so hard to just get those shots every time out is futile. When I first started I was so happy when I had a nice shot in manual. I need to remember that daily!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back