Your first photo?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by slickhare, Dec 6, 2005.

1. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

what was your first photo ever? not your most professional, glitzy first photo. but the first photo you took for fun.

mine was when my aunt gave me a polaroid camera for my birthday. i ran through so many packs of film until it broke :meh:. i still have some of the pictures i took (hopefully i'll scan them and show them soon). looks like my aunt was some sort of clairvoyant because here i am again years later!

2. wxnut

wxnut TPF Noob!

3. photoboy15

photoboy15 TPF Noob!

Iwas probably about 4 so it might have been my grandparents with there heads out of the frame.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Doug, we need that in this very theme over in the Photo Themes... forgot what it's called right now, but there is a thread running on one's first photo somewhere. I could bump it for you (actually I am thinking about bumping it with one of MY earliest photos, but I don't think I have that one here ... the negatives may well be at my sister's though. Hmph).

The first I do have here were taken during a school class excursion in 1975. On slides... would need to scan them.

5. zedin

zedin TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Hm.. well my first 'set' of photos was around my high school graduation. My dad had brought his AE-1 program out with him. They day after we went to a place called the Crystal Bridge (its an indoor botanical garden in Oklahoma City) and I borrowed his camera to try and shoot a few roles. Loved the act itself of photography (and was even better when I got the pics back) and my grandparents liked them so much they mailed me their AE-1 to keep and then that was that.. I couldn't stop doing photography.

I think my best pic from that day was a nice one of a bird of paradise that had just been watered so was still covered with water drops.

6. wyldkard

wyldkard TPF Noob!

I kind of laugh at mine. One year I wished for a camera for Christmas when I was around 7 or 8 years old. My parents bought me a cheap(probably $15-20) 35mm film camera since I was 7 and didn't need anything more than that. It didn't have any type of zoom and the only setting you could change was flash on or off. I believe the first picture I took was on Christmas morning of my next door neighbor and childhood friend. He was standing in the yard dressed up for church and holding a stuffed dinosaur he had gotten for Christmas. I still have the picture somewhere. There is something about it that I can't figure out, it actually could be a great picture after changing it to black and white and making some adjustments. But I never get around to it.

7. alexecho

alexecho TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Mine I was about four. It was with my dads AE-1. I managed to take a photograph of the beach, but the bottom half of the frame is the wall I was sitting the camera on because I could hardly reach or see over it. I acually quite like the shot, even though it's terrible. At least its sharp.

8. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't remember, though it was probably with some Kodak point & shoot. Or a Polaroid - we had a couple of those floating around. I still remember thinking it was the coolest thing in the world, watching that cube flash move around until it was spent. :D

9. KunalShingla

KunalShingla TPF Noob!

now we know where it all started huh
    nice start there...