Your First Record

Hmmm, good question.
I believe the first LP I actually purchased on my own was Boston (self-titled).
The first 7" I purchased was either Prince - 1999, or Michael Jackson - Billie Jean. However, I believe I had cassette tapes way before that.

Now the first album I listened to is Beatles - White Album, which was quintessential in my musical upbringing.

I collect Joy Division and early New Order vinyl.

artist: presidents of the united states of america

album: presidents of the united states of america

im not proud of this. lol.

I had this CD but it wasn't my first. They sang peaches right?

I never had a record so I hope CDs count. I think Green Day - Dookie was my first.

The first one I ever bought was ' You'll have to 'scuse the video though. I bought it around 1972/73 when it was re-released I think - I'd have been about 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Day - Dookie (1997)

Yeah, a few years behind its release, but whatever.

this thread also shows our age diversity on the forum ;)

this thread also shows our age diversity on the forum ;)

i was just going to say this.

also by Record i mean any format of music. It's just that that's what we used to call them back in my day, when music was in black and white

when i first read the thread'S heading I thought it was about when we released our first record ... but then I remembered this was a photography forum :p

I am now officially one thousand years old.

I bought my first 45 in 1960.

Walk, Don't Run by The Ventures.

Surf's Up, Everyone.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this CD but it wasn't my first. They sang peaches right?

I never had a record so I hope CDs count. I think Green Day - Dookie was my first.

yep! they sang peaches. i didnt even like that song. but the kid i liked in 4th grade did. so i bought the album to be like him. lame, i know!

dookie was the second album i bought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back