Your first wedding...

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Help me! I'm shooting a wedding in 3 hours and I'm only using the camera in my iPhone. Should I use the flash? Should I enable to HDR feature? :p

Oh wait.. Wrong thread. We get enough of those haha.

Here's the deal though. If you're a wedding shooter, I want to see what you thought was your absolute best photo from your first wedding, and then I want to see the best from your last wedding. I'll do mine when I get on my computer later, it's a pain in the butt to link images from my phone. Be sure to include how long ago your first wedding was and how many you've shot since then. I just wanna see how far we have all come, and maybe give the beginners an idea of the level of quality expected in wedding photos.

My last wedding was a disaster. This was my best from my first wedding...

Wedding%20-%20KS%20-%202011-01-01%20-%20130.jpg

This was my best from my second wedding...

Wedding - Scott and Jo-Anne - 265 ALT.jpg

And this was my best from my third...

Wedding%20-%20Joann%20and%20Dominic%20-%20653.jpg

These weddings were in the space of about three months.

Honestly, that last one may not have been the best, but I like it the most. It just makes me laugh every time I see it. They were an insanely fun couple and it was an amazingly nice venue. Great group.

I have samples from the first three weddings I took that I carry on my iPhone and iPad... not a SINGLE sample from the last wedding. It was just bad. Bad bad bad. :lol:

Alright here are mine.

At the time of my first wedding, this was my favorite shot from it. Obviously it wasn't a very nice venue, but the couple was tons of fun, and the shot showed their personalities perfectly in my opinion.

DSC0643-X2.jpg

Looking back... it's poorly composed, and the focus isn't where it should be, along with many other issues. The couple loved the photos though, especially considering they were friends of the family who couldn't afford a photographer, so i did it as a wedding gift.

My last wedding..

Once again, not the best venue. Once again, it showed the couples personality and emotion though. This time I didn't miss my focus haha.

Park-25-X2.jpg

Now, the photo from a wedding which got the most exciting reaction from my clients would have to be this one. Simple shot, but it was the brides favorite. I'm pretty sure she has an 8x10 of it hanging in their house.

DSC0318-X2.jpg

I've shot 3 weddings solo, and 4 as a second shooter, all over a span of the last 3 or 4 years. Oh yeah. I'm only 18, so I've got a long time to grow as a photographer and build up equipment. I'm just taking it slow, and not getting ahead of myself at it.

I've only shot one wedding (my sisters, and i wasn't the main photographer), but here is my favorite.

KatesRing.jpg

Wow. my first wedding was about 44 years ago, don't think any of them were very great. Shot with my 35mm film camera (Canon Pellix) and a cheapo shoe mounted flash. Did them in black and white which I processed myself, as a favor for a co-worker whose sister was getting married. They weren't going to have a pro photographer so I gave it a go. Don't even know if I still have the negatives, although I've kept most of them over the years. Guess I'll just pass on this.

So my first wedding, small affair for a friend was horrible weather and craptastic venue etc but I love this picture from it

DSC_0260-Edit by Deanna D Chambers, on Flickr

and I had a wedding redo shoot for my friend who hated her pictures from the tog she hired and this is my favorite from the day.

DSC_2311-Edit copyweb by Deanna D Chambers, on Flickr

I tuned out at the point where you said you were shooting a wedding on an I Phone.

Last wedding I shot was in 1988.. manual focus lens, 35 mm Olympus OM4 with a T45 flash. Don't even have the negatives anymore... did find some old prints, so I shot 'em and tried to adjust bad contrast a little bit. Nothing as nice as what has been posted here... but here are some of them (please keep in mind this is copywork off of 26 year old prints.. so it looks like crap!)

I remember this one as the first wedding I ever shot...
wed1.jpg

I think this was 4th or 5th, brother in laws brother got married...
wed5.jpg

and this one was maybe from the 6th .. don't remember..
wed6.jpg

I couldn't find any others...Most of these are from the 1985 time period... and I didn't quit the business until about 1989.... can't even find my old portfolio! Lost in a move, I guess! :)

Last edited:
american+gothic_grant+wood.jpg

Oh Wait...........................I forgot, I hate brides, mothers of the brides and most people in wedding parties. That's why I don't shoot weddings. No one wants to pay $100.00 a minute.:lol::lol::lmao:

you were the groom in the picture, right? :)

Most reactions

Back