Your HELP required: which to send in for a competition?

Which one to enter in a competition?

• Photo 1

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Photo 2

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Photo 3

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Photo 4

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Photo 5

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Photo 6

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
.. so it is only Mohain and me who are evil enough to post while at work :p

Ah! :idea:

That explains it :wink: :wink: :wink: !!! :D

Thanks others for saying what you like and why you like it and how you'd like it even better. A crop on 8 you say, Paul... let me think about that.

Though Photo 8 is still too abstract for that contest!
I have long refrained from taking part in it at all.
It is very ... hm ... you know: the subject usually matters. Not so much the photo. If it is a cute looking animal, you know who the winner is... - yes, that sort of contest.

For those who are interested and would like to read a little German, look here and then click on

Hey, that quote became a working link! So you could click on that one directly, maybe ... even ... wow!

And Terri, for you I will post that droplet which "stars" in 5 and 6 (literally :D) without the sun burst, but with a very clear reflection of our garden ... plus a turn-around crop version so you can see our garden, heehee. (New thread).

Was muss man denn tun, um da mit-"voten" zu dürfen? Bei mir steht: You may not vote in this poll...

Sorry folks, German comes mor natural to me when I converse with LaFoto. Nothing offensive there at all, just conceiling my ignorance! :D

Was muss man denn tun, um da mit-"voten" zu dürfen? Bei mir steht: You may not vote in this poll...

Sorry folks, German comes mor natural to me when I converse with LaFoto. Nothing offensive there at all, just conceiling my ignorance! :D

i had that some months ago ... that is just a fault in the communication between the forum and you browser ... you should be able to vote.

try clearing your browsers cache and log in again

Du darfst nicht mitmachen bei meiner Umfrage???
You may NOT vote???

Cache ausleeren, neu versuchen! :D

I'm interested in finding out which one YOU'd enter in the contest?
And should I go back to entering photos at all, is the still unanswered question, anyway!!!!

I'm interested in finding out which one YOU'd enter in the contest?
And should I go back to entering photos at all, is the still unanswered question, anyway!!!!

Hm, you want to know which one i submitted there? :p

Eh?
You submitted a photo to that contest, too!??
Where's my chance to win then???

i guess many people might have done it after you posted the link :p

but i didn't ;)

Tough choice between #5 and 6 for me. I voted #6 because I like the branch better. I would probably run the Healing Brush over the green part of the bud and either clone out or burn the couple of small white spots on the branch.

Good luck.

I have heard people talk about the "healing brush" so often and simply can't seem to find that in my ancient PS 6.0-version. What is it supposed to look like, and under which other tool might it hide?
And the branch was wet, as was everything, so the little white dots are light reflections, too... :scratch: ... take them away all the same???

More like this, Chris? Did I get those spots that are distracting you?

schauerwetter10framed_1.jpg

And it seems like most votes go in favour of the one twig only and the very smooth green background ... and here I thought most would say Photo 1 :lol: That is still my personal favourite with regards to the given theme, since it COULD have been taken somewhere in the country, no one can tell it was taken only two steps outside our own backdoor :D.

Oh dear: I still detect more dirt spots in this picture :shock: aaargh!
At this tiny aperture of f29 they - of course - all show CLEARLY ... I do need to get this camera CLEANED!!!!!!

I would submit number 6. I think the background gives it a more "outdoorsy" feel and adds much to the photo. I really liked them all, but number 6 is my favorite. Good Luck!

No. 6 for sure. I like the focus of there being only one branch and droplet, my eyes get dragged all over the place with the multiple droplets in the first 4. And 6 over 5 because I think the mottled bg gives it a more natural feel, as if there is stuff there, other trees and the such. 5 just seems a little too sterile, like somebidy else said, it almost looks like you created it in a studio.

Most reactions

Back