Your help required!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you were to take photos for a contest whose theme is "Bizarre", what would you photograph?

Shame you're not in Rio right now - the carnival could be a good source of inspiration for that one...

something kinky?

I'm so NOT sure! What is "bizarre", after all. And is it the very same in German as it is in English?
But the theme is "bizarre" ... and the first submission is a birch covered in hoar frost.

Well, some icy crystals had been my very first idea, too, just like in the photos_of_Drake - but there simply isn't any ice around here :roll:. And I'm afraid, everyone's thinking on the lines of ice!

Therefore your help is urgently required, just so I even get a better idea of the MEANING of "bizarre".

I don't know if you can strech it this far, however add another A and you get:

Bizaar (or however you spell it)
Like a market place kinda in india. Just tossing an idea out there.

Edit:
I just thought of one of the most bizarre things i can think of.
A cross dresser. Stage it too. Get your buddy to dress up like one and shoot it.
That would be bizarre.

Just a suggestion though. Kinda weird but I'm trying to go for the most bizarre possible.

I would say, have normal sourroundings and put something that absolutely didn't belong there as your subject.

Examples...guy working at a desk in dive gear.
a mascot using a computer
someone swimming fully clothed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jeff! Nice site. Seems like the English idea of the adjective "bizarre" is slightly different from the German idea of what that word means ... I think in our German thinking we first and foremost think of SHAPES ... even though the other things also apply!

Somehow I already get the feeling that the jury who are going to vote for the photos submitted to the local contest won't quite know what to vote ABOUT, either, since few people have a clear notion of what that word MEANS. :roll:

Corinne, are you entering this contest? If so, it's probably a German contest? So you should be keeping the German meaning of the word in mind, no? Just curious.

meanwhile, I'll be thinking about ideas.

pascal

Well, I looked up the German definition of the word, and it includes (in the b)-part) also the idea of "strange, out-of-the-norm, peculiar", etc. ... next to the shape-thing that I had in mind first. So that clerk at his desk in diving outfit would be "bizarre", indeed. I quite like that idea! Thank you, Lockwood. (But don't know anyone with full diving outfit... :roll: ).

But let your ideas flow, all of you, please! And yes, I plan to enter into that contest.

Bizarre = bugs in clothing
First, bugs don't wear clothing...bizarre.
Second, who makes clothing that small...bizarre!
Put them together and you have really bizarre!

Hmmm... the "put-them-together"-part might be the tricky one ... if things don't already start with me not having any photos of bugs :scratch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back