your marquis dish

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is inspired by graigd's thread on noodles:

what's your best dish? i mean what do you cook best, not necessarily what you like eating best (but it can be)-

mine is a baked stuffed shrimp recipe that my aunt Michele taught me how to make. made with, among other things, ritz cracker cookie crumbs, sour cream, diced deep ocean scallops, fresh chopped garlic...

that and some hot drawn butter and man, aint nuthin better....

I cook a few dishes that win me high praises, but if you're asking what one I like to eat the best, too - that will have to go to my penne al'a ceccha. Southern Italian: fresh summer tomatoes, peeled, seeded and drained, tossed with cold-pressed virgin olive oil, minced garlic, fresh basil, thyme, parsley & oregano. Toss in the hot penne (cooked al dente of course) and add diced room-temperature mozarella. Toss again, adding more olive oil if needed. Fresh grated parmesan cheese and grated black pepper on top.

Open a cooled bottle of a super-Tuscan red. Delicioso! Nice plate of summer pasta, using everything fresh from the garden.

:drool:

(had to be the first to use that one in this thread! man, that sounds awesome- i'm gonna try that... course, with the later summers up here, it will probably be late july before all of that produce is native...)

Lasagne, made from scratch (except the noodles). Takes two days to make and drives everyone in the house nuts while it's cooking.

My chicken enchiladas aren't bad either. :p

homemade meatballs....

rocco, eat your heart out...

md

Cheesecake, all varieties. I have "created" my own recipes for a few, including turtle cheesecake and dutch apple pie cheesecake. The only drawback to cheesecake baking is the time. A good cheesecake takes about 3 hours from start to finish, not including cooling.

Second problem is that each slice is like 2 days' calories!

It's not fancy, but my aunt taught me how to make Broccoli Cheese casserole - Broccoli, velveta cheese, and ritz crackers - very simple, but haven't spent a holiday without it for many years.

Icecream, eskimo icecream ;P

But really I can make a mean cheesecake, and a tex - mex dish, which I dont remember the name for it right now.

Tuscany style pork chops. I cut pockets inside the chops, I stuff them with a mix of sauteed (diced) onions, sauteed (diced) anise bulb and bits of Pancetta (cooked Italian bacon), then fry them lightly on both sides. Then I add apple cider about half way the thickness of the chops, cover and cook 5-6 min. per side, uncover and let it brown on both sides. The apple cider gives it a very subtle caramelized taste, which is great with the taste of the sauteed mix and the cooked meat. Served hot with a side of risotto, a glass of Pinot Grigio and finished with an espresso. It's a killer!

Oh, this thread is terrible. It's just making me hungry!!!

9 AM and all I can think of is cheesecake, Tuscany chops and espresso....

:p

i know, man, i'm starvin! i don't eat breakfast, and usually don't even notice my hunger, but after reading this i could eat a whole 6 course dinner and not even blink.

I love to cook a lot of things. But I make the best food on the grill. Caribian jerk shrimp and steak is my favorite.

brown sugar, variety of peppers, salts and herbs make a great basting.

Then my stuffed grilled potatoes always go well with it. Get the biggest potato you can find, stuff it with fresh asparagrass, mushrooms, vadalia onion, herbs, butter and cheese if its requested.

never go cheap on meat. go to a specialty meat store and get some good stuff. It makes the difference when grilled.

Thanks for contributing to my hunger pangs, Graig.....my cup of coffee seems so thin right now..... I can actually smell that grill fire.....

Oh, this is bad. :shock:

i am a bad cook.
well no, i know i could do it if i tried, i just dont do it much.

all i make is pasta..how bad am i

Most reactions

New Topics

Back