Your one most favorite focal length?

I love 18mm (on crop-body digital) for its awesome wide-angle powers and the distortions you can inflict on scenes, but I do not know of too many 18mm primes. My other favorite is 50mm on my 35mm cameras for street photos and all-around one lens simplicity, but it sounds like you have that covered. I guess if I were in your situation I would go wider- perhaps 10-20mm Sigma?

Same as some others, my favorite lens is not my most used. Shooting racing, I use a 100-400 or 400mm most of the time.

If someone said, you can have one prime lens to walk around and take pictures, I'd pick the 100mm Canon f/2.8 Macro lens. It's good for standard shots, sharpest lens I've ever owned, almost too sharp because now I can see dust specks on things I shoot!

Nice size, unobtrusive black lens, that on the 40D has the field of view of a 160mm, so I can shoot without getting up in someones face. I like getting close to things in camera, without having to crop.

This of course means I'm out of luck for wide shots. However... :lol: using stitching software I can shoot four or six pictures and make one heck of a big wider view.

50mm (80mm equivalent on FF)... Well, Sigma 50 1.4 that is.

I generally like to walk around with one of two set of two lenses; 24 + 50 or 35 + 75. If I were to choose just one, it would have to be an all around user being slightly telephoto. Probably 50mm on a crop (x1.3) sensor.

I normally keep a 35mm f2 on my Nikon FA, and when using a Maxxum 24-85, I usually shoot between 35 and 40mm on that, so I guess 35mm would be my most used.

I prefer wide lenses. I find it more of a challenge to get something nice with a
wide lens.

You haven't seen sharp until you've played with a 85mm F/1.4 Nikkor... stunningly sharp. It's right up there (and above) with my Nikkor 70-200, and Sigma 105mm F/2.8. It's just tons better in low light and has incredible bokeh. This used on my D200 (1.5 crop factor) for now, but it will be on a full FX frame camera by Christmas.

...Canons FL 135 f/3.5 has got sharpness to spare. I don't pay much attention to DOF with it at the moment because the bulk of what I use mine for is macro

Most reactions

New Topics

Back