Your opinion

Very hard for me to understand why a good photographer would want to go for that kind of processing... But hey, the client is king, maybe that's what driving this.

I went back and re-read the whole thread and visited the site.

His work is nice, but that was exactly what I was thinking... a combination of the Bob Orten blur effect and gentle amounts of some lucas art sculpting are not my favorites.

To his credit, he doesn't do it all the time, and the other things are really *very* nicely done. If you look at other top wedding photographers, he's up there, but not really unique. Five years ago, this guy would have been booked 52 full weekends a year, but today, his "look" is much more common.

Hey Jerry, I think you're confusing me for the other Alex. We share similar usernames.

About Jay, he's actually booked full till July 2010 last time I spoke with him. He just recently got back from France and I believe Italy where he and his photo and film crew were flown out to.

His largest competitor in California is Ruzz Photography. They're both colleagues with different styles. However, he's pretty much getting all the attention. His prices also have an advantage over hers. I would suggest getting in touch with him so you can see some proofs. He'll edit the way the client would like the photos to be done, he doesn't do it without having an idea of what the bride and groom want.

Being booked Fridays, Saturday, and Sundays with photography and video gives roughly 18,000-25,000 dollars.

Last edited:
Having seen hundreds of proofs by him and his crew, and by proofs I mean lightly retouched photos to get rid of trace blemishes, people can order anything they want. He sits down with the couple and asks them how they want their photos edited prior the the wedding. People have ordered artistic edits and even plain old and lightly edited pictures.

He sits down with the couple and asks them how they want their photos edited prior the the wedding. People have ordered artistic edits and even plain old and lightly edited pictures.

For $18,000 to $25,000 per event I'd expect no less! :lol: :lol:

You misunderstood. That's the total gross for a usual weekend. 3 weddings or other things that require a full crew.

I don't know anyone who charges $25K, and they be some Yervant cyborg. :lol:

You misunderstood. That's the total gross for a usual weekend. 3 weddings or other things that require a full crew.

Some 19 or 20-something year old in Edmonton Alberta does... Jesh De Rox... lol

Jerry Ghionis out of Australia was paid 5-digits as well to fly to Moscow to do a wedding. It's not that uncommon, but for that amount of cash, the clients want an assurance of quality for sure. :) These are normally multi-day, multi-person and often destination events.

Jerry Ghionis out of Australia was paid 5-digits as well to fly to Moscow to do a wedding. It's not that uncommon, but for that amount of cash, the clients want an assurance of quality for sure. :) These are normally multi-day, multi-person and often destination events.

Thanks for the name, I'll check his work out.

When Jay told me some groom had paid for him and his crew to fly out there, I thought he was kidding. It was only until he showed me the pictures when my jaw dropped. The guy was apparently some wealthy guy's son or something. The photos are beautiful. Apparently the guy had seen Jay's work on another site that caters to people who plan weddings, and he told his wife to be that he was going to purchase tickets for Jay's crew to fly out there. So it was truly impressive.

I can see you doing that in a couple of years, Jerry. ;)

There's some guy out of Vegas who charges about $25k, but he's crazy good. Like unbelievable. Can't remember the URL to his website atm.

WOW i really like the quality and the depth of the picture on the home page (the first one) the door looks to be 100 feet tall, and the color is amazing!

only complaint is music on the site but that might just be me. and its not the choice of music its just the fact that there is music.

Most reactions

Back