Your Questions Answered

That's a shame. I guess out there some people hope for it to be moist this time of year just like we crave snow.

You could try asking PhotoGoddess or Malachite. They live in California. I think there are some other members too. It would be interesting to hear their views.

Actually, that leads me onto another question.

Does it actually snow there?
And, isn't it just a myth that it can be "too cold to snow"? I've heard that one a couple of times but then looks to the north and south pole and wonder. :scratch:

ferny said:
Does it actually snow there?
And, isn't it just a myth that it can be "too cold to snow"? I've heard that one a couple of times but then looks to the north and south pole and wonder. :scratch:
As far as I know it can. It certainly does in the mountains.
It's not really a myth about being too cold to snow in the UK. Weather is effected by physical location and over the years people get used to the weather patterns in their area.
In the UK, or at least in England, when it gets too cold it usually means that the weather pattern is wrong for snow to be an option. Though you can get 'freak' weather conditions that bring the weather fronts in from Siberia and then we can have bitter cold with blizzards.
It may stem from the fact that air temperature rises appreciably just before it snows.
It's like in the UK South-Westerly winds always brings big, interesting clouds and rain. Our physical location means that Sou'Westerlies come off the warm regions of the Atlantic and so carry a lot of moisture.

OK. Times up and you missed the jackpot.
No one asked the question 'What's it all about?'
I just happen to know the answer but I'm not telling now. You'll have to wait until next year (maybe).

you really did? why? what's wrong with Avis??? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back