Your Questions Answered

Rob said:
Who's the most remarkable student you've ever had and why?

Rob
All my students have been remarkable in one way or another - even if it was just for their remarkable excuses for not having done the work. :lol:
There was Gerald, who went from 'happy snapper' to amazingly creative and inventive inside 6 months. He could take on board everything I told him, understand what I was getting at, find his own truth in it and then throw it back at me from amazing and unexpected directions. Technical or philosophical. He had so much potential. Unfortunately I lost track of him...
And there was one girl - she didn't do Photography, she was doing Art - who could take the dullest subject and with a few strokes of charcoal make it magical. She knew instinctively where every line needed to go. Andy the Art teacher, Simon the Sculptor and myself used to often stand and watch her draw or paint, lost in marvelling admiration.
It is unfair to single any one out though, as they have all been wonderful in their different ways. That's why I loved teaching.

Could we see some of your ad work?

danalec99 said:
Could we see some of your ad work?
Yeah, I wanna see some too! And I heard rumors that your success ratio was 1:3... they've gotta be good, man!

And I've a question too if it's not too late: what does it mean when you get a gray pip in rep points?

Alexandra said:
what does it mean when you get a gray pip in rep points?
It means you have disabled your reputation.
I've never had it turned on.

As for my ad work - or indeed any of my work...
I got divorced about 4 years ago and managed to get out of the house about 3 years ago. It was a very unpleasant experience.
Near the end 2 large cartons with all my work and negs going back more than 30 years just vanished. My ex denies all knowledge.
The only work I now have is stuff I have taken over the past three years - and the odd old print I find tucked inside books as bookmarks, or on friends walls.
I only have one photo of my kids growing up :(

On the other hand I have the kids - so although I have lost virtually all of the work I have ever done I think it was a reasonable trade.

On the other hand I have the kids - so although I have lost virtually all of the work I have ever done I think it was a reasonable trade.
fair.

but as to the rep points, I wasn't speaking of yours, you narcissic being ;) I meant that It happened that some people gave me rep points and next to the comment, the little box was gray instead of green... anyways, i guess it's one of those forum mystification or rep point fraud

Alexandra said:
but as to the rep points, I wasn't speaking of yours, you narcissic being ;) I meant that It happened that some people gave me rep points and next to the comment, the little box was gray instead of green... anyways, i guess it's one of those forum mystification or rep point fraud
It could mean that you had zero rep points.

You mean I'm not always the topic of conversation - even in my own thread? :lol:

(A narcissist is someone who is foolishly infatuated with themselves....

...with me it's the real thing! )

sorry to hear about the loss!

Jeff Canes said:
I do not recall it could be 3 or maybe 6 months, jug is nearly empty
When it goes a dark brown and looks kind of syrupy then don't use it.
Always advisable to do a test with an inch or two of the leader to see if it's working.

Most reactions

Back