Your very first pic

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
This is the very first pic that I ever took with an SLR. July 1975, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL.

Sitting down seemed a good idea, as it cut way down on the swaying back and forth. Unfortunately I had no idea that the camera wouldn't make that waist high grass disappear like my eye did. I mean I could see right through it, the camera should too, right? Ha! Pretty good composition though if I say so myself. :shock:

firstpic.jpg

So, post your own first pic, 'cuz I need a laugh & I went first. :lol:

My very first picture as a professional photographer. I was SO nervous before this shoot.
Link gone by now :cry:

^^^

Great googily moogily...I'm not even sure if I have mine, but you're going to make me go through a bunch of unmarked CDS, aren't you? :lol:

EDIT...Just checked Photobucket, and my first DSLR pic was there..

underwaysun1.jpg

I have a box of slides taken by me in 1975 somewhere, so instead of asking my sister to find my very first pics (taken 2 years earlier), I might at long last go find that box and try to scan one of those slides for this theme!?!?

My first pic I think was of my little black poodle named "Pepper". I was 10, the camera was a Argus C-3 brick, the year was 1965. I am sure all those old prints was lost in a small fire we had in the late '60s.

Well, I dug deep into my archives and found the slides I took on our class trip to North Germany in March (?) of 1975, and decided to scan these two (my scanner ... ach, better not to waste any words on it... :roll: ), so while these cannot be the very first, they are of my very, very EARLY ones:

Pln1975_01.jpg

(The house where we stayed - seen from its back)

Pln1975_02.jpg

(The lake on which the house was situated)

(Added on the side: in 1965, John, I was still too little to take up a camera, or - well, no one let me - so my dad was still taking all the pics from back then:

10405917.jpg
:biggrin: )

Awe, Corina. You were an adorable child. I am afraid my childhood pix would scare the paint off the living room walls. I'm glad we lost most of those in the fire as well.

Most reactions

Back