Your web hosting provider?

0zas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking a host at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy with my web hosting provider. I host through my brother! He owns his own servers and allows people to host from them! He is looking for new clients. If you are interested, let me know.

Well, I had 1and1 for years, but as I looked for a service with more storage, I found one too many horror stories about them. While I can't complain, when the internet is flooded with unhappy customers, I can't recommend them.

The next host (my current one) is InMotion. I have unlimited storage (if you subscribe to their particular brand of unlimited, but isn't that always the case?), and the service response time is excellent. However, if you want to do anything other than host your website there like keep your music in the cloud, or another use of online storage, they are really bad about it. It's against most hosts' TOS to use their servers for "backup" of personal files, but InMotion is very active in controlling it. I got one nastygram telling me to remove all my music, saying I was involved in mass piracy (It was in a password protected folder that I, and I alone had ever accessed) within 48 hours. I emailed back and forth, and eventually relented. Then a few months later, I get another nastygram saying that I'm storing too much non-web content on my site and I need to remove it within 48 hours. At this point, I tell them that at the point of that first email, I removed my music, but asked them about all these other files (They had barely changed in that time), and was given the green light on them, and I asked what changed. The person I emailed lacked proper reading skills, and saw that as "I have copyrighted materials on my site, and ignored the last email you sent" and gave me a super-nastygram saying that I must remove all copyrighted items from my site instantly (there were none), and that I was warned about that before (right...). If it weren't such a pain to switch, especially since I use the pro version of google apps to manage email from my domain, I'd leave in an instant. The fact that they constantly default to calling my a thief and a liar is not the kind of company I want to do business with.

My recommendation at this point (though I have not used them) is Dreamhost. They offer Unlimited + 50GB, which means you get unlimited space for web content, and a directory where you can store 50GB of personal backups unrelated to the site. It looks like the best package out there right now, though I cannot speak for their support.

I have been using www.cirtexhosting.com for about 2 years now and have had no problems with them. They have great customer support and my site barely ever experience down time. The prices are great too.

i've been using hostgator for a few years. had no probs. Good live tech support too.

ive been using voluzion.ca, owner is a friend of mine and offer great services for cheap.
he is also a web designer if you need that kind of services.

I've been using dreamhost for years. Never had a problem.

They usually have a fantastic new customer deal too.

EDIT: Support is great, the few issues I've had, even though it was my coding mistakes, they have been more than willing to help. Also a great wiki and forums.

Yahoo for about 4-5 years. Never a single problem.

I use IX web hosting as my provider. They have very good hosting plans and nice prices (under 10 dollar / month). I use them for about a year now and they got the best support around in my opinion.

webhostinghub.com trust me cheapest one out there and is the best, recently voted the number one webhosting site

im at evohosting and i know a few people who use it who recommended me to go there - and id deffo recommend people there too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back