Youth Art Grants

PhilGarber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
philipofnj.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Note- This is a repost of a thread I made a few months back. I'm assuming this is ok..?

Hi-

I'm under 18 (14, 8th grade), does anyone here know of any organizations that award art (and/or photography) grants to minors? If I want to continue my hobby into a profession I'll need some outside money at this point (especially with the current economy). I'm looking for a relatively small ammount of money, $800-900 USD.

Thanks,

Phil,

I can't think of their actual name but hopefully you can make sense of what I'm saying. :grumpy:

Are there any "high School for the Arts" in your area? Seems to me that is what you might want to attend. We have one here in my sorry excuse for a city so unless you are in the boonies, look into that.

I am PMing you. About something else.

Thanks for the info and the PM, Cloud :wink:. I'm applying to a private high school (Blair Academy) Which has a very good art program (the teacher is a professional photographer :biggrin:). But, how old are ya? I'm a kid-a year is a loonnnng time:lmao:! Kidding aside, thanks. I didn't think of trying to find grants through my HS.

Right you are. I forgot about about that school you are applying to... :er:

A looooooong time is something I remember in spite of my grand age of 51, lol. The reason I mentioned the art HS is because I spent a lot of time in the one in DC when I was shooting for that school system. We have one here where I now live and same as before in DC the kids do much better overall than in regular schools.

It is sad to say because it is obvious to some of us but I have been fighting for a number of years against cutting art teaching budgets in schools and in recent years, we have finally shown though actual studies that the arts do help most students do better overall.

I'm not sure what else to tell you but I'll try and think of something.

Most reactions

Back