gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Each season, I capture photographs of players who play for my travel baseball team. This season I'm managing a 10U team (i.e., all of these players are 10 years old). I usually don't photograph people. In fact, this is the first time I set up my Einstein strobes since last season.

p2355701872-4.jpg

p2355702086-4.jpg

p2355701185-4.jpg

p2355701194-4.jpg

p2354437683-4.jpg

p2355701184-4.jpg

p2355701188-4.jpg

p2355701186-4.jpg

I used two Einstein strobes to light these pictures. The main light was placed inside of a large softbox and placed camera left. The second strobe was positioned to light the background. I placed a red gel over the back light.

All photographs were captured with the Nikon D800. I used two lenses: Nikon 200 f4 (my sharpest lens) and Nikon 70-200 VRII.

I hope the parents like them.

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

These are great -- vastly better than the majority of player photos I've seen, especially for kids that age. I imagine their parents are thrilled.

Excellent. For someone that doesn't do people, I feel like slapping you, jk.

Excellent. For someone that doesn't do people, I feel like slapping you, jk.
Thanks...I always have trouble getting the subjects to relax. So, I end up photographing people (kids) once a year. For this session, I enrolled the help of some of their teammates to get them to relax and make them smile/laugh--worked like a charm!

Glenn

It did indeed work like a charm. I particularly like the fact that each pose is different and that you have great eye contact.

It did indeed work like a charm. I particularly like the fact that each pose is different and that you have great eye contact.
Thank you...I keep a file with 8 to 10 different poses for this purpose. I gather the poses from various professional baseball images. The one with the glove in front of the player's face was used in a Chicago Cubs program several years ago.

Glenn

That #12 looks like an All American for sure. Apple pie, Chevrolet, and this kid. My cousin is the 8th ranked sophomore prospect in the State, hoping for a scholarship to MSU but would settle for one anywhere to play. Oh, I used to drive through there on the Metra every day, en-route to Addison. Man I loved Chicago but my wife hated it. I didn't need a car when I lived there.

That #12 looks like an All American for sure. Apple pie, Chevrolet, and this kid. My cousin is the 8th ranked sophomore prospect in the State, hoping for a scholarship to MSU but would settle for one anywhere to play. Oh, I used to drive through there on the Metra every day, en-route to Addison. Man I loved Chicago but my wife hated it. I didn't need a car when I lived there.
Thanks...#12 is our lead off hitter and quickest player I've seen play for any team this season. Someday maybe he'll be a ranked prospect--but that's no easy task! Best of luck to your cousin.

Glenn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back