Youth Soccer C&C

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went back out today with some of the advice given last week. Think I'm improving. I'm lucky to be friends with the coach so I can practice.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

4411898342_d53a2514b3_b.jpg

4411893030_569462c6b6_b.jpg

4411890610_ac9238710e_b.jpg

4411888204_7e454bc8fc_b.jpg

I like 1, 3, and 4.

In 2, the flag behind him is distracting, it looks like he's touching it due to telephoto compression. Just bad luck that's how it lined up.

They're all cropped just a bit too tight except #2. In #1, the edge of the frame is right next to the edge of the ball.

In #3, the bottom of the frame crowds right up to his foot.

In #4, the top of the frame is right near the top of the one kid's head.

No biggy though, they're all keepers except #2.

I like 1, 3, and 4.

In 2, the flag behind him is distracting, it looks like he's touching it due to telephoto compression. Just bad luck that's how it lined up.

They're all cropped just a bit too tight except #2. In #1, the edge of the frame is right next to the edge of the ball.

In #3, the bottom of the frame crowds right up to his foot.

In #4, the top of the frame is right near the top of the one kid's head.

Thanks Jeremy. In 2 I was trying to portray the size difference and the fact that he's trying to kick a corner shot pinned up against a flag. Guess I failed on that lol. Plus I thought it would be an interesting sportrait for the parents. #1 I accidentally zoomed too tight in the actual capture. I definitely agree crop is a tad too tight. I didn't even notice the foot in #3. Thanks for mentioning.

Overall I do crop to close in. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll continue to work on that.

Thanks,
Shawn

Nice series, you did a good job catching good moments.

What? On #2 he is standing right on the cone! You can see the shadow of the flag on
his back.

Telephoto compression my butt.

What? On #2 he is standing right on the cone! You can see the shadow of the flag on
his back.

He was standing right on the cone but some people don't know how soccer is played so maybe this isn't the best shot without a bit more explanation. Thanks for backing me up Bitter ;)

For me, best to worst is: 4,1,3,2.

#2 comes in last because of the angle (only 1 eye) but mostly because of the hard shadow on the face.

You can turn on the D-Lighting feature on your camera, though it will slow down the rate that images can write to your memory card.

The holy grail of sports shooting: faces and expressions.

For me, best to worst is: 4,1,3,2.

#2 comes in last because of the angle (only 1 eye) but mostly because of the hard shadow on the face.

You can turn on the D-Lighting feature on your camera, though it will slow down the rate that images can write to your memory card.

The holy grail of sports shooting: faces and expressions.

D-Lighting? One more thing to add to the ever growing list of things to research lol. Whole heartedly agree on the face and expression. And now the harsh shadow is killing the entire picture for me lol. Parents loved it though :lol:

Did I mention I don't shoot sports? :p

KMH killed my liking of #2 also.
Damn you KMH! *shakes fist in the air*

Did I mention I don't shoot sports? :p

KMH killed my liking of #2 also.
Damn you KMH! *shakes fist in the air*

No you did not mention that Bitter. Now I can never take you seriously :lol:.

And I agree. "Damn you KMH!" :lol:

his back.

Point taken. No need to be rude.

i like them all. MAke me smile :)

Most reactions

Back