Youth Soccer, the good and the "I wish". C&C welcome.

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playoff time for my 6th grader. They pulled out a win, despite trying to lose the match in the first half. I tried the camera in TV this time, I think next time I'll go back to manual. Frankly didn't like the DOF. It was handy in that it kept my WB in check, but other than that...nothing special.

I also mucked around with the AF, and next time I'll pick my point. Too many blown shots when the camera decided that rather than the 'game' it would rather grab a crystal clear picture of a minivan, a chair, or a tree. :confused:

I did not use my extender, but cropped a few of these tighter. Using the 70-200 IS II speed 1/500. Aperature fluctuated. ISO 800.

Without further ado here are some pictures from last night:

1. Throw in. I felt this was my strongest image of the evening, aside from the crappy background. Got her eyes open, ball in air and a bit of determination.

ThrowingItIn.jpg

2. In the Corner. Not a bad image, cleaned it up a bit.

IntheCorner.jpg

3. Here is the "I Wish" image. Daughter was going for the ball, and the smaller girl was as well. She had some spunk in her tiny frame, but that didn't seem to bother my daughter much as she graciously brushed her aside. No children were harmed in this picture. :greenpbl: Unfortunatly, the camera decided that the girl in green in the background needed to be CRYSTAL clear, and sharp as a tack.:grumpy:

Closeline.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have posted the third shot, not even the girl in green is in focus, it was one for the re-pixel file. I think the second one is the best one, a tighter crop over the top and near the fingers would take out most of the tree, I would take out the green marker as well, this is one of those cases where photoshop helps. The crop won't take anything away from the photo. The first one, like you said, is a bad background and a touch late on the peak action. Keep at it.

I'd get rid of #3 as well...except my daughter saw it and 'liked' it warts and all. :lmao: And so it sits on my growing list of "I sure wish this picture turned out better file".

On #2, the green marker is actually a ball. I used photobuckets 'in browser' editor to crop etc. I'll try later tonight to clone out the ball and crop using photoshop. I'm sure the results will be better.

Thanks for your comments. I'll keep trying.

Most reactions

Back