youth team shots...

chris182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I will be doing the pics for my nieces soccer team(6 year olds). I will be doing a team shot, and individual. I have a d90 w/ kit lens and a 35mm 1.8, and a sb900. Just wondering if anyone had any tips? I mean it seems pretty straight forward but figured I would throw it out there being that I have never done a group shot. I was thinking of puting them infront of the goal.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the matte/frame that holds the pics(team pics and then individual) I found one on mpix, but I was kind of looking for a more plain looking one.

Last edited:
Get down to their level. Use a tripod and remote release if you have them. Bracket your exposures.

What metering mode do you usually use?

Using the speedlight on the camera means the players in front/middle will be brighter than the ones in the back and on the ends because they will be further from the light source. It's called the Inverse Square Law. Shadows may also be problematic.

Using strobed light gives the photographer a lot more control of an exposure, if they understand how it all works.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the matte/frame that holds the pics(team pics and then individual) I found one on mpix, but I was kind of looking for a more plain looking one.

Portrait & Event Photo Folders, Event Picture Frames | Studio Style

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back