480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got back from vacation this afternoon.

8 states
19 days
4682 miles
10 Continental Divide crossings
3 DSLRs, 1 SLR, 1 compact and 1 flying camera
13 16 SD cards used (actually 26 'cause I use slots 2 as backup)
Total of 158g of images on portable drive
6,165 frames taken
17 couples or groups that had me take their photo of them
22 People asked about the Tamzooka
Of those, 21 had never heard of it! (ya hear that, Tamron?!?!)
And 2 actually mounted it on their body and took a few shots
11¾ pounds lost
1 piece of gear lost (hot shoe cover)

Couldn't wait to start editing the files, so here's the first out of the chute (from somewhere in North Dakota):

GreyBarn_5383post.jpg

That's a lot of traveling.

I also dont know what a tamzooka is....*runs to google*

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4. probably at work.

10 Continental divide crossings. Hmm..

So, lets start taking up a collection for Sparky's Christmas gift now, because a GPS just seems like the perfect thing.

Oh, and for pthrift, I think by Tamzooka he's referring to a Tamron 150-600 mm lens.

..........So, lets start taking up a collection for Sparky's Christmas gift now, because a GPS just seems like the perfect thing.....

Thanks, but I've already got one.

......Oh, and for pthrift, I think by Tamzooka he's referring to a Tamron 150-600 mm lens.

bell-1.gif

Lol.. well, if your current GPS was telling you "Turn Left Here" so much that you crossed the Continental Divide that many times, it might be time to pick up a new one..

Not "The" continental divide, "a" continental divide. Most people think of the divide along the Rockies. We actually have a continental divide right here in South Dakota. Pee one way and it runs to the Gulf of Mexico. Turn and pee the other way and it runs to Hudson Bay. At least that's how my grandpa described it. :)

Good start to a lot of shots, Sparky. I would love to be able to have that much of a photo focus on a trip. Somehow, two young kids seem to kill a lot of that.

Not "The" continental divide, "a" continental divide. Most people think of the divide along the Rockies. We actually have a continental divide right here in South Dakota. Pee one way and it runs to the Gulf of Mexico. Turn and pee the other way and it runs to Hudson Bay. At least that's how my grandpa described it. :)

Good start to a lot of shots, Sparky. I would love to be able to have that much of a photo focus on a trip. Somehow, two young kids seem to kill a lot of that.

You're not too far from the "Iowa Divide". Pee one way, and it runs into the Missouri. Pee the other way, and it ends up in the Mississippi.

I especially like the 3rd shot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4. probably at work.

Great shots
I love the detail and contrast of # 1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back