Yup, it's a zoo walk

Nice! Great shots and also nice to see you back.

Thanks Limr. Had a blast today and actually learned a lot. The first shot I was standing next to some tourists and one of the kids asked his dad what kind of tiger that was, the dad told him it was a "Whitey" Tiger. The dad went on to explain that this was obviously a male, only 2 years old and that it came from where all "Whitey" tigers come from, Portugal. Dad apparently can tell the age of the tiger from the length of it's whiskers.

So yup, kind of surprising to find out that the Bengal Tiger who is female and who's ancestors most likely resided in India was actually a whitey tiger from Lisbon. Guess you learn something new everyday.. lol

Nice shots.Poor kid,growing up already with wrong information.

Nice shots.Poor kid,growing up already with wrong information.

Well I have a strict policy of not embarrassing a father in front of his kids, I figure he's only got about 8-10 years left before they are teenagers and realize just how full of crap he actually is on their own. lol

In the meantime I guess I'll just have to hope that they spend a bit more time watching the discovery channel.

Nice stuff, especially the gorilla.

I always enjoy zoo photos. What's the monkey looking at?

Well I have a strict policy of not embarrassing a father in front of his kids, I figure he's only got about 8-10 years left before they are teenagers and realize just how full of crap he actually is on their own. lol

In the meantime I guess I'll just have to hope that they spend a bit more time watching the discovery channel.

Not the discovery channel, they stink! They need to watch PBS's Nature!!! :)

Plus zoos normally have a info sheet on whatever animal your next to, so the guy should have just read it for his kids! I always read the info at the zoo even though I know a lot about animals, there is always something I forgot! :)

I love the last shot. I hope you start posting more, I have missed your photos! :(

Not the discovery channel, they stink! They need to watch PBS's Nature!!! :)

Not much of a PBS guy myself, then again I don't really watch a lot of TV so that might have something to do with it :)

Plus zoos normally have a info sheet on whatever animal your next to, so the guy should have just read it for his kids! I always read the info at the zoo even though I know a lot about animals, there is always something I forgot! :)

Yup, he was standing right in front of the huge plaque that has all sorts of information about the Bengal Tiger, habitat, etc - while he was giving his dissertation. Made it even that much more comical.

I love the last shot. I hope you start posting more, I have missed your photos! :(

Thanks BMX - I have been shooting a bit in the interim but not nearly as much as I'd like, feels good to get out and about again.

i was missing the zoo trips ,3 my pick, and pbs nature,al

Most reactions

Back