Z3+Parking garage=Fun C&C Please! :)

Soccerplayer_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My roommates and I were bored one day so we decided that we would go up to a local parking garage and see what photos we could get. The plan was to take a Z3 and a 09 Impreza. Unfortunately the Impreza got in an accident earlier the day we decided to do it.. So we only had the z3.

I borrowed a D50 with the standard kit lens from a roommate. It was my first time using a DSLR. Also used a Tripod for all shots but it was old and wobbly and I didn't have a remote or anything.

Let me know what you think.

1. I used PS CS4 to raise the exposure and dodged the ceiling and floor.

DSC_0077-2.jpg

2. He is the owner of the car.

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

When using a tripod (and no remote) I like to set a self-timer. Press the shutter button and take your hands away, 2 seconds count down and even if the tripod sucks, nothing is gonna move it (unless it's really windy).

I think you could have benefited from having more light on the car, via flash or positioning it in a brighter area. The last shot has a lot of potential.. and there's no visible plate and that helps too. Unfortunately there's a lot of flare and some on the car - could clone it out I suppose and crop it down to get rid of the light up top. Maybe even crop the whole right side off and make it look like it was taken in portrait (vertical) orientation.

EDIT:

Here is what I meant for a crop.. Also got a little happy with the editing. Not sure if it'll be well received, but meh

O8aVb.jpg

Last edited:
you missed the focus on the 3rd one, the first two are underexposed also the first one is OOF and on the 2nd one you missed the point of the photoshot.

When using a tripod (and no remote) I like to set a self-timer. Press the shutter button and take your hands away, 2 seconds count down and even if the tripod sucks, nothing is gonna move it (unless it's really windy).

I think you could have benefited from having more light on the car, via flash or positioning it in a brighter area. The last shot has a lot of potential.. and there's no visible plate and that helps too. Unfortunately there's a lot of flare and some on the car - could clone it out I suppose and crop it down to get rid of the light up top. Maybe even crop the whole right side off and make it look like it was taken in portrait (vertical) orientation.

EDIT:

Here is what I meant for a crop.. Also got a little happy with the editing. Not sure if it'll be well received, but meh

O8aVb.jpg

Thanks for the timer tip! I never would have thought of that. I knew the photos needed more light on the car. But I had little gear, and only the built in camera flash that seemed to do more damage that help.(maybe I wasn't using it right?) But it was only my first shoot with a dslr so I didn't know how it worked fully. I think that crop looks very good. What effects did you use to get it there?

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back