Ziggy

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MGalleryItem.php

Was kind of hard to get pictures because the carpeting color made for a horrible backround with it.

cool lizard!

As for C&C---
the flash is really harsh on his face and some of his features are a little blurred like his neck. His eye is in focus, though, which is good. I would also crop out everything but his face just to get rid of some of that dead space, the shadow to his right and the leg of the chair/table is pretty distracting. i hope he is your lizard so you can take a few more photos of him because he is a great subject. If you can take more photos, I would set your camera on something sturdy to avoid any kind of camera shake and i would turn on a light by him or take him outside and turn the flash off. make sure you get his interesting neck in focus too. and see what you come up with doing that.

hope this helps and good luck

cool lizard!

As for C&C---
the flash is really harsh on his face and some of his features are a little blurred like his neck. His eye is in focus, though, which is good. I would also crop out everything but his face just to get rid of some of that dead space, the shadow to his right and the leg of the chair/table is pretty distracting. i hope he is your lizard so you can take a few more photos of him because he is a great subject. If you can take more photos, I would set your camera on something sturdy to avoid any kind of camera shake and i would turn on a light by him or take him outside and turn the flash off. make sure you get his interesting neck in focus too. and see what you come up with doing that.

hope this helps and good luck

Thanks, I was beginning to think no one was going to comment! He's my girlfriend's...err she's my girlfriends lizard and she has two of them so I will be taking more pictures of them. Once it gets nicer and she gets them some leashes we plan on taking them outside so I will see what I can do about getting photos then. I appreciate the input! I actually took a bunch of photos of them but liked this one since it brought out the lizards colors in the 'beard'

Heres a picture of the other one climbing. Shes not as colorful but much calmer. The picture suffers from some of the same issues and a lot of noise

MGalleryItem.php

I agree with flowerchild, the flash does seem a little harsh on him.

Also, you could think a little more about backgrounds. The first is nicely blurred out, but i can still make out the table (/chair?) leg and the carpeting.

but i like how you have nailed the focus on the eyes and have at least thought about the composition enough to place him off center and the correct side of off center.

by the way, I recently just barely decided against getting a bearded dragon and went for a fish, couldn't make the time/care committement...

Most reactions

Back